Did you mean: 

o2 UNABLE TO PROVIDE SERVICE AT NEW ADDRESS

Spitfire400
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There,

Going try and keep this short and sweet if I can. My fiancee has been with o2 since 2005/06 roughly, though it may be slightly longer. That shows dedication to the network and brand I feel, if that counts at all these days or not is another matter.

She has 2 personal accounts, one which used to be her own, and additional line taken to get me my iPhone 4s when it was released, and now used to get upgrade to Sony Xperia Z. In addition to this, she has another personal contract taken out through Carphone Warehouse for her dad. Also, she has two business lines, one for herself and one for her younger brother (iPhone 5).

So quite a few lines really. We are moving home in approx. 6 weeks time to an address which shows coverage, but in reality has none indoors, with outdoors being very variable, and sometimes, more like quite often none at all. We are only going to be affected by this on her business line, and the personal line which Xperia Z was taken out on.

We have discussed this with agents on the phone numerous times, who have done nothing satisfactory other than suggest using TU GO, when we eventually get broadband connected at new house. At present, this does nothing to help with business number, as it is not yet compatible. Additionally, we are not going to have unlimited broadband for at least 3 months once we get hooked up, due to provider not having bragging rights at the exchange, having to lease the line for us from BT.

At no time on these phone calls has anyone been willing to accept that the coverage shown on website on coverage checker is very innacurate. Line of sight may be the problem, as the area has very varied terrain and forests. And it's in a valley, but maybe o2's systems don't show agents that. The postcode is KA6 7FD.

Why has there been no offer of discounting the line rental on two of the five numbers used by my partner? Effectively we feel like we are only getting to use 50% of the network, 10% of the time we are there, and still paying 100% cost for it.

Please, if one of the Moderators could respond, will provide any further details needed to resolve this, hopefully once and for all.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Spitfire400
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes we checked the coverage. No, it's not o2's fault. We didn't choose the area, we chose the house. The other networks provide coverage there, but we are already in contract with o2. All these questions, but no practical suggestions for what to do next
Message 11 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm sorry to say it, but loyalty counts for nothing these days, and without trying to sound harsh, paying your bills isn't anything different than any other customer would be doing. My only suggestion would be to try to call Customer Services again and hope that you get someone on the other end who might be more sympathetic to your problem, but I wouldn't count on that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Apart from the boostbox option and tugo.

The phones could be setup to divert to another networks payg handset for when out of coverage / no answer.

Not ideal but would help with the business numbers.

We see similar posts on here all the time and as far as I have seen nobody has ever got a discount after a property move.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't get a discount just because you moved, as Adam has said try tu go or a boost box or you could have a cheap back up payg phone on another network for when your at home
Message 14 of 14