cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make a call to a specific number but can text that number.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - for about 18 months now I've been unable to call my friends number. It rings once and then cuts off. I can text the number no problem and my friend can ring me no problem. I had an iPhone 4S on pay monthly when the problem started. I now have a new iPhone 5 and new SIM card but the problem continues. It's the only number I can't ring. My friend is on t-mobile with a Galaxy S2.

Thanks in advance for any clues. Even if I could work out whether its on my side or theirs. I thought a new phone and sim would cure it so now stumped?

Michael
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ask your friend to check the reject list in his call settings. It sounds as though they have accidentally blocked your number.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have new phone and SIM and it still doesn't work, that suggests there's a problem with your friend's number IMO.

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ask your friend to check the reject list in his call settings. It sounds as though they have accidentally blocked your number.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, it sounds like your friend has accidentally added you to their reject/blocked list. Easily done by mistake....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4