cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Travel - Malaga (Spain)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon All,

Off to sunny, hopefully, Malaga in August, have used o2 Travel in other destinations i.e. Dublin (painfully slow) anyone have experience in this region i.e will data slow down after 100MB per day? Any thoughts appreciated, Cheers.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I am currently in Malaga region as we speak. I have absolutely no problem here. I use Wifi wherever I can. If I need to use mobile data at all...it never slows down for me. The Costa del Sol (in my opinion) has the best network coverage of any region in SpainMake sure you select the Movistar network when you land. (it should find it automatically)

Make use of any wifi apps such as messenger or Skype....if you need to stay in touch with folk in the UK...

If ever I want to speak to anyone via phone...it costs me a 50p connection fee and then I can talk for an hour free of charge. Have a great time....Ps its very hot here...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

A couple of our members have used it in this area with no problems although it isn't particularly quick. Its fine for browsing and such apps as Facebook etc but hopeless if you try to stream. @Cleoriff travels regularly to Malaga.

As always, best bet is to use wifi where possible.

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I am currently in Malaga region as we speak. I have absolutely no problem here. I use Wifi wherever I can. If I need to use mobile data at all...it never slows down for me. The Costa del Sol (in my opinion) has the best network coverage of any region in SpainMake sure you select the Movistar network when you land. (it should find it automatically)

Make use of any wifi apps such as messenger or Skype....if you need to stay in touch with folk in the UK...

If ever I want to speak to anyone via phone...it costs me a 50p connection fee and then I can talk for an hour free of charge. Have a great time....Ps its very hot here...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

A couple of our members have used it in this area with no problems although it isn't particularly quick. Its fine for browsing and such apps as Facebook etc but hopeless if you try to stream. @Cleoriff travels regularly to Malaga.

As always, best bet is to use wifi where possible.

No problem with streaming here @jonsie My grandson has streamed You Tube videos every day and there is no staggering or buffering. All over WiFi however wink

Most hotels and bars have a damn good WiFi connection

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Data will slow down after 100mb despite stating it's unlimited, at least that was my experience in both Tenerife and Berlin.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Grandson is with EE on contract ...I am with O2. If I miss any of my soaps (sad I know) I either watch over YouTube or by using a programme called FilmOn which allows access to all UK TV Channels. All done over WiFi...and honestly no staggering/buffering. (unlike me after a few Spanish measures of vodka..) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6