cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Signal Issues - email to Ronan Dunne, CEO

Anonymous
Not applicable

TONIGHT I HAVE FINALLY LOST PATIENCE WITH O2 AND HAVE EMAILED RONAN DUNNE, CEO OF O2 TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF MY OPINION: ENJOY

Dear Mr Dunne

Please forgive me for contacting you directly. This is an extremely rare occurrence for me however I have been driven to total despair by your company's dreadful customer service and a downward spiral in signal performance.

I appreciate you are a busy man but I will keep this brief.

In my home postcode (XXXX XXX) and according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 2g" coverage. OH NO I DON'T. I have repeatedly told o2 this and yet still your company lies to potential customers.

In my work postcode (XXXX XXX) and again according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 3g & 2g" coverage. However the data signal is now regularly failing to connect. Apparently the network is congested but o2 have no plans to resolve the issue. So, you expect me to pay my contract costs on time but you refuse to provide a working service? How does that work?

I could give you a whole list of postcodes however I wont be so pedantic.

I have been in regular contact with o2 Customer Services who have repeatedly lied, never let you talk to a manager, failed to return calls, it takes over 30 minutes to even get them to answer these days and all I keep hearing is "terms and conditions".

Now as a business man, you will know that a contract requires two equal parties to sign up to and that each party must adhere to its obligations. I pay my bill on time. Do o2 give me a good signal? I dont expect 4g here yet, I recognise that. But all I get is negative from o2.

I have complained to the Complaints Review Service, who to be honest are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their response? LEAVE. Simple as that. If you dont like it, leave. Is this how o2 treats its customers these days? The old o2 would make sure that the customer got a great service. Today's o2 doesnt give a damn. I have told o2 Complaints Review Service that leaving is the last option I would want to take, however if I do then I will take the handsets with me (as I paid for them 2 x £150) however CRS are demanding the handsets back (as I paid for them, I own them).

Recently, many more customers have taken to social networks to complain about o2 and their signal issues. Indeed, at a recent press conference you yourself said that 4g was not causing the current signal issues and that o2 were not being effective at getting that message across. So clearly o2 are experiencing signal issues and you have effectively admitted that. But nowhere was a solution mentioned.

Across the o2 community forum, people who have been o2 customers since BT Cellnet days are now saying they are going to move to other networks. I have never seen such negative feedback about o2.

So Mr Dunne, as Chief Executive Officer, you tell me what you are going to do about this? You tell me how you are going to sort out my issues to make me smile about o2 again. I have never seen a company's fall from grace be so spectacular as that of o2 currently. Others have fallen from grace yes, and went under. Is that what you want for o2? Remember there is a resurgent Vodafone, awash with cash, who plan to make the mobile world a much better place.

Will you reply to a customer? I doubt it, well, at least not personally. However I will watch with baited breath to see if a solution can be found.

Best regards

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Mr Dunne

I have now sent you 2 emails to your direct email address but no reply. Are you on holiday or maybe too busy to communicate with customers. This business is being badly run, lacks leadesrship and direction. Customer Service needs to be renamed Lack of Customer Service. Looking forward to the next AGM where I will attend and see if you can be bothered answering questions.

You will find people will be leaving O2 in droves unless you answer issues. Talk to customers, find solutions and grow your business. Life is easy if you listen and respond 

Message 71 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you please send me a PM with the email address you have for Mr Dunne. Please do NOT post it on here as it violates Community rules.

As the original poster of this thread there is a process which is best initially explained privately.
Message 72 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please also note @Anonymous that this is a customer to customer Community with a couple of site staff watching over it.

Message 73 of 79

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi DC76,

I'm, Toby, the O2 Community Coordinator,

Send me a private message and we can have a chat about your issues. If you click on my name, you'll find a link to send me a message on my profile page.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 74 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

what's the email address for CEO Ronan Dunne? Please.

I need to find a way

I am with O2 for last 8 or more years, I cant believe I can't us my phone while I am abroad for 6 weeks just because I am using an iPhone 6 plus and I am on 24 month contract. Till I don't pay off £450 at one go. There is no value of being loyal. Definitely not renewing this contact with O2 anymore for sure.

Message 75 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

what's the email address for CEO Ronan Dunne? Please.

I need to find a way

I am with O2 for last 8 or more years, I cant believe I can't us my phone while I am abroad for 6 weeks just because I am using an iPhone 6 plus and I am on 24 month contract. Till I don't pay off £450 at one go. There is no value of being loyal. Definitely not renewing this contact with O2 anymore for sure.

You will need to google the email address. we are not allowed to give it out on the forum. The OP of this post (Piperdog123) ino longer posts here...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The correct approach is to raise a complaint first wink
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 77 of 79

BrendonM
  • 3605 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

A number of posts have been removed from the thread. Please try to keep posts a general answer to the question asked by the OP.

Regards,

BrendonM

Message 78 of 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Send me a PM if you want the email address although it's easily found on Google. As said, an official complaint first.

Message 79 of 79