cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Signal Issues - email to Ronan Dunne, CEO

Anonymous
Not applicable

TONIGHT I HAVE FINALLY LOST PATIENCE WITH O2 AND HAVE EMAILED RONAN DUNNE, CEO OF O2 TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF MY OPINION: ENJOY

Dear Mr Dunne

Please forgive me for contacting you directly. This is an extremely rare occurrence for me however I have been driven to total despair by your company's dreadful customer service and a downward spiral in signal performance.

I appreciate you are a busy man but I will keep this brief.

In my home postcode (XXXX XXX) and according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 2g" coverage. OH NO I DON'T. I have repeatedly told o2 this and yet still your company lies to potential customers.

In my work postcode (XXXX XXX) and again according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 3g & 2g" coverage. However the data signal is now regularly failing to connect. Apparently the network is congested but o2 have no plans to resolve the issue. So, you expect me to pay my contract costs on time but you refuse to provide a working service? How does that work?

I could give you a whole list of postcodes however I wont be so pedantic.

I have been in regular contact with o2 Customer Services who have repeatedly lied, never let you talk to a manager, failed to return calls, it takes over 30 minutes to even get them to answer these days and all I keep hearing is "terms and conditions".

Now as a business man, you will know that a contract requires two equal parties to sign up to and that each party must adhere to its obligations. I pay my bill on time. Do o2 give me a good signal? I dont expect 4g here yet, I recognise that. But all I get is negative from o2.

I have complained to the Complaints Review Service, who to be honest are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their response? LEAVE. Simple as that. If you dont like it, leave. Is this how o2 treats its customers these days? The old o2 would make sure that the customer got a great service. Today's o2 doesnt give a damn. I have told o2 Complaints Review Service that leaving is the last option I would want to take, however if I do then I will take the handsets with me (as I paid for them 2 x £150) however CRS are demanding the handsets back (as I paid for them, I own them).

Recently, many more customers have taken to social networks to complain about o2 and their signal issues. Indeed, at a recent press conference you yourself said that 4g was not causing the current signal issues and that o2 were not being effective at getting that message across. So clearly o2 are experiencing signal issues and you have effectively admitted that. But nowhere was a solution mentioned.

Across the o2 community forum, people who have been o2 customers since BT Cellnet days are now saying they are going to move to other networks. I have never seen such negative feedback about o2.

So Mr Dunne, as Chief Executive Officer, you tell me what you are going to do about this? You tell me how you are going to sort out my issues to make me smile about o2 again. I have never seen a company's fall from grace be so spectacular as that of o2 currently. Others have fallen from grace yes, and went under. Is that what you want for o2? Remember there is a resurgent Vodafone, awash with cash, who plan to make the mobile world a much better place.

Will you reply to a customer? I doubt it, well, at least not personally. However I will watch with baited breath to see if a solution can be found.

Best regards

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you live in a city or town then yes I would agree.

I live in a semi rural location so expect things to be somewhat delayed until after the majority get the upgrades.

But I am realistic and I realise my trade off for living in a beautiful part of the country is that I don't get the same services towns get quite so quickly. Just being sensible! !!!
Message 31 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Of course you can take a 4G tariff now even though you don't get it yet.... The gamble is will the offers be better later on or not.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I submit I'm somewhat lucky to have strong 3G and 4G connections and free city centre wifi.

I'm in the concrete jungle tho !
Message 33 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
True MI5, very true. But given the "settlement" I have reached, if I were to add 4g I am guessing I would have to pay more?
Message 34 of 79

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There is a deal on at the moment where you can switch to free 4G for the same amount of data or pay £5 for a boost upto 3Gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  piperdog123  read your email  and i thought i had written it. At least i'm not on my own, with anger at O2's treatment of their loyal customers

Outage, yep since the big one of a few years ago the service has dropped.

I live in the CH5 area, signal was great, now drops like a stone, no bars 1 bar,even a full signal now and again.I live .04 ml from a mast, and the website and the people say service is ok, ok my arse. My wife's sister live in the CH7 area and in the last 2mths the signal has been lost. She has no signal , even not registered on a network, yet her sister has a Tesco PAYG phone can use her's I Pay £56+ a mth and get crap service.

I've even changed sim cards to improve my service as i was told to do .... but to no avail still the same **bleep** service

On Linkedin i found this about the great leader of O2

RONAN DUNNE

Current

Seems to have a foot in 2 camps here. You were wondering when O2 had outages he was ok to get his calls and txt's maybe the Tesco side was ok thats why he knew.

Before (as we all know) Telifonica took over everything was great,now **bleep**e.

I like many others are thinking of leaving, i hate to do it BUT everything is not going well at O2.

Well piperdog123 there is plenty of truths in your email, but are they going to listen to us, i hope so, i really hope they do be fore many customers fly away.

This money you talk about O2 getting, how much do you think will actually get ot putting things right, very little if you ask me.

Can you post his email on here pleae or let us know where to find it. 

Message 36 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can find all details here: www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=9614 i will also be writing to him about my episode i am going through and the lies and crap that i have been spun today and with no compensation at all.

Message 37 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the Community moderators have felt it appropriate to remove my last post on this subject as they were unhappy about me posting Ronan Dunne's email address on here.

The fact that it can be found by a quick Google search appears irrelevant.

The fact that as CEO Mr Dunne has a responsibility to his customers (of course he shouldn't be first point of call but if the correct methods don't help them as customers we have a RIGHT to challenge those at the top).

If you want his email address then pm me. However I suspect this post won't live long either as the censorship is likely to continue.
Message 38 of 79

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sure a PM will be fine. Irrespective of him being the man at the top and a google search will find him, it is against forum rules to post personal information be it for a private individual or for any O2 employee. Not just email addresses are removed but also personal info such as phone numbers are removed. This has always been the case and I don't see that changing.

I have passed information on via PM to help people and had no problems doing it that way. Done with the best intentions no doubt @Anonymous but against the strict guidelines I'm afraid.:smileysad:

Message 39 of 79

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I bet it's one of those really easy to guess ones too.
It won't be the .Co.uk url, it surely will be the .com one.
And being CEO I doubt he will not want people to not know who they are talking to so it's not gonna be ceooffice@ or the like.
I don't think it's formal enough to use initials so the full name will probably be used. Sooooooooo
If I were trying to email him, I would probably CC to 2 different emails in the hope and they would be:

Just editing this as one of my guesses was actually right lol

Message 40 of 79