cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Insurance replacement phone wrong!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent my Galaxy S8+ in for a repair. Recieved my replacement phone today and they have sent me a regular S8!!

My question is will they take this back and replace it with an S8 +? Do they really expect me to pay for an S8+ on a pay monthly contract whilst they have given me an S8.

Really frustrated by this. After a week of not having my phone I am now expecting an ongoing saga with o2 just trying to get a handset that I am paying for back!

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous You'll have to speak to O2 insurance. That shouldn't happen. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous You'll have to speak to O2 insurance. That shouldn't happen. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Going to be calling them first thing tomorrow morning. I guess I just needed somewhere to rant and let some steam off!
Message 3 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The YTS probably thinks it's an equivalent device.
Complaints link here if needed.
https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It shouldn’t happen but they may not have an S8+ in stock as insurance has limited stock so I believe & are like for like or similar specifications refurbs. It could be that this is one such occasion where they offer you a similar model but you do have the right to  refuse but then there is no telling how long it will be before the correct model becomes available 

Message 5 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I wouldn't accept it at all. If @Anonymous wanted a S8 he would have bought one.

Certainly not a like for like exchange. Unless they reduce the tariff there is no way the replacement is acceptable. Follow the advice above and make sure you get the replacement you paid for.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Even if that was the case surely they should notify me before sending me out a device that isn't like for like.

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Even if that was the case surely they should notify me before sending me out a device that isn't like for like.

Yes, if they are knowingly sending you an equivalent device, they should offer it to you first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Well that is in the T&Cs but the simple fact is that it isn't like for like. Call them and refuse the phone, you are perfectly within your rights to do that.

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will call first thing tomorrow morning and see what they say. If they cannot offer me like for like then I will have to take this further. My frustration mainly comes from the fact that as part of my contract I should be able to get an upgrade after one year from O2, but have no idea if it still applies if they have issued me a different handset!

Message 10 of 20