cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Account Suspended - Fraudulent Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

This afternoon my o2 account has been suspended.  I couldn't make  or receieve any calls.  I contacted o2 via the agent chat method, and they couldn't help.  Contacted their customer services, got put on hold for 20 minutes, only to be be told that there was fraudelent activity on my account, but that they could tell me anything.

I obviously asked what was the nature, but the agent wouldn't tell me.  I asked how long this would take to resolve and he said 5 days.  I also asked how they would contact me (bearing in mind that they've disabled the sim card) and he just said "They have ways to get in touch with you".

What can i do, if anything, in my current position?  There's money in my bank account, my o2 account states i have almost all of my allowances available to use.

There's been a number of screw ups since I settled early on my previous phone last month, to starting on my new phone 4 weeks ago, all of them caused by their chat agents.

There's no point in contacting them again via chat, as the agents on there can't deal with this issue.  Don't feel that i'll get any further by ringing them again either.  Either way, I really don't want to be without a phone at Christmas, with no indication of when or how they'll be contacting me, or what the nature of the problem is.

Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good luck.... again 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Had an email from the o2 Complaint Review Service yesterday (Sunday!?).

I won't copy the text, but this is the jist of it:

They're sorry and understand my concern.

o2 T's & C's clearly specifiy that they have the right to restrict or disable SIM cards where fraud is suspected.

As part of their fraud team's investigations they are unable to discuss the matter with the customer.

They don't offer compensation as a resolution of a complaint as per their agreement.

They have however given me £20 credit on my o2 account, so worth the additional complaint.  However, I still have massive concerns over the fact that:

(a) They can disconnect you at any time in relation to the possibility of fraud on your account, even if it is in error, or that you are the victim.

(b) There is no mechanism of apology, and no mechanism or interest in reimbursing the o2 customer for their incovenience, cost of calling o2, and time lost during any investigations (5 working days, so effectively you're likely to pay for a week on your contract and just suffer the loss).

Message 52 of 57

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sadly it all seems very black and white in O2's eyes.
You would be happy if there was fraudulent activity on your account but clearly where a mistake has been made you would at least expect an apology 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 57

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 54 of 57

Hihivok
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can you please post the fraud teams number please, I have a similar problem and the customer service seems to be useless solving my problem 

Message 55 of 57

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

There is no direct phone number for the fraud team @Hihivok you just have to call the normal number and use the options to get through

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 56 of 57

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10168 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

Just to be clear on some types of Fraud.. 

Customer Services are not allowed to tell you why the account has been frozen, until investigations have been compeleted, as o2 operate in a regulated industry, their are big penalties if the do, and from where I work if anyone in CS tips off a customer its classed as Gross Misconduct and instant dismissal, and their details are passed to the Police as part of the investigation if it goes that far. 

Also if the case is classed a Money Laundering that agent can get jail time, a unlimited fine, and o2 can be fined as well, this is called Tipping Off, and the FCA can revoke licenses for it.

So in this case @Hihivok you just need to wait it out, if you have done nothing, then it will all be back up and running. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 57 of 57