cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Account Suspended - Fraudulent Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

This afternoon my o2 account has been suspended.  I couldn't make  or receieve any calls.  I contacted o2 via the agent chat method, and they couldn't help.  Contacted their customer services, got put on hold for 20 minutes, only to be be told that there was fraudelent activity on my account, but that they could tell me anything.

I obviously asked what was the nature, but the agent wouldn't tell me.  I asked how long this would take to resolve and he said 5 days.  I also asked how they would contact me (bearing in mind that they've disabled the sim card) and he just said "They have ways to get in touch with you".

What can i do, if anything, in my current position?  There's money in my bank account, my o2 account states i have almost all of my allowances available to use.

There's been a number of screw ups since I settled early on my previous phone last month, to starting on my new phone 4 weeks ago, all of them caused by their chat agents.

There's no point in contacting them again via chat, as the agents on there can't deal with this issue.  Don't feel that i'll get any further by ringing them again either.  Either way, I really don't want to be without a phone at Christmas, with no indication of when or how they'll be contacting me, or what the nature of the problem is.

Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Oh, so yet another o2 screw up ? 😞

Astonished

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 31 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

And one designed to cause great stress over the Christmas period. Not what anyone wants...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the whole experience was horrible. Irnoically i work in customer services, so i know how an issue should be sorted, and putting the customer first.

Which brings me to what is hopefully my final question - what's the best line of contact to complain and get an apology / compensation for the 0844 calls, my time and incovenience?

Message 33 of 57

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Complaints process here mate http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Hope you get on ok now....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Snap Rich... I can only keep trying...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Can i just say that the contribution that everyone has made on this thread has been really positive and helpful to me.  Ironically the folk on here have been a lot more useful than the customer services that I've dealt with in the last 24 hours, which has been a terrible experience for me.

Therefore I'd just like to thank everyone that's contributed to this thread, and wish you all very Happy Christmas, and have a great new year.

Fantastic

Message 37 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Its a real pleasure @Anonymous  I hope everything is sorted soon...and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a great 2015 Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 57

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Merry Christmas mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great end result for the OP but I also think the compensation question should now be asked. If it were me I would be asking for at least 3 months free.

As @MI5 says, another o2 screw up but o2 refuse to take responsibility. The more I hear about o2 these days the more I look forward to ending my contracts.
Message 40 of 57