cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Account Suspended - Fraudulent Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

This afternoon my o2 account has been suspended.  I couldn't make  or receieve any calls.  I contacted o2 via the agent chat method, and they couldn't help.  Contacted their customer services, got put on hold for 20 minutes, only to be be told that there was fraudelent activity on my account, but that they could tell me anything.

I obviously asked what was the nature, but the agent wouldn't tell me.  I asked how long this would take to resolve and he said 5 days.  I also asked how they would contact me (bearing in mind that they've disabled the sim card) and he just said "They have ways to get in touch with you".

What can i do, if anything, in my current position?  There's money in my bank account, my o2 account states i have almost all of my allowances available to use.

There's been a number of screw ups since I settled early on my previous phone last month, to starting on my new phone 4 weeks ago, all of them caused by their chat agents.

There's no point in contacting them again via chat, as the agents on there can't deal with this issue.  Don't feel that i'll get any further by ringing them again either.  Either way, I really don't want to be without a phone at Christmas, with no indication of when or how they'll be contacting me, or what the nature of the problem is.

Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

frustrating as it is if it is fraudulent activity then I assume it's all to protect you and your account. 

I I would hope they would give a Goodwilll Gesture to help cover the period of not being able to use the service. 

I wouldn't speak to live chat but only speak on the phone to them. 

Landline contacts on O2 Customer Services.  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  

Message 2 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Live Chat are totally unable to deal with any account based issues. Contact O2 on the link given.
I am not sure what can be sorted this side of Christmas but you can only keep trying. Good luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 57

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Chat is useless for this problem.
Possible reasons are that suspect your account has been involved in fraudulent use of debit/credit cards or possibly illegal use as a gateway whereby international numbers are called and bypassing the normal charging system or used for spamming. Speak to customer service but normally the fraud team will contact you after investigating.
O2 don't do this without reasonable suspicious grounds so you need to find out why your account has been suspended. This isn't to say you have done anything wrong but only customer service and the fraud team can help.
Message 4 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Agree with that @jonsie  but can't understand why the OP is being kept in the dark about this? On the rare occasions I had fraudulent activity on my bank accounts, I have always had the Fraud team contact me immediately to ask about unusual activity that they have picked up on....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 57

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Tenner says some plank upgraded the Op twice.
Message 6 of 57

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The fraud team have to investigate but O2 being O2 they take 4-5 days. Ridiculous in my opinion!

Message 7 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's Op?  To be honest, they've made a right pigs ear of the whole account association, account cancelletion, forced new account, ........

So, do you guys think that i should call back and ask about the nature of the claim?  If so, what number would i call?

Message 8 of 57

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Original poster.
Message 9 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering if @Anonymous can bring her own knowledge to this ?
Message 10 of 57