cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no wifi calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought my note 8 from mobiles.co.uk on O2 only to then find out that I cant use wifi calling - which is a right pain where I live.

I know its becasue of the firmware but there must be something I can do?

It's like buying a ford from a mazda garage, only to find the ford you bought doesn't have a gearbox becasue you bought it from a mazda garage.

O2 when sold whould be O2, not O2 minus some really important stuff, like wifi calling

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126119 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Questions can be asked, surely?
Research done online?

Yes. Also presumptions can be made. I wouldn't have known any O2 phone I bought didn't have the same functionality as those bought directly from O2. (I do know obviously....but that's from here)

Anyway, no point going round in circles....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
No esp as I never said the op should know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 16

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys, just jumping in as there seems to some confusion around Wifi calling on an open-market Note 8.

We’re working with Samsung on getting this implemented across Open Market Note 8’s but don’t currently have any ETA on when Samsung will be able to push this out as part of an update. If/when we know more, we’ll let you know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 126119 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hey guys, just jumping in as there seems to some confusion around Wifi calling on an open-market Note 8.

We’re working with Samsung on getting this implemented across Open Market Note 8’s but don’t currently have any ETA on when Samsung will be able to push this out as part of an update. If/when we know more, we’ll let you know.

Thanks for that information @Chris_K

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

PadfoneS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I share the pain, having been gifted a new phone for Christmas by my family. Thought it was perfect until TuGo was withdrawn and discovered I had joined the Wifi calling incompatable club. But that's life....until and unless O2 transfer the function from firmware to sim card. I think that's called living in hope though!
Message 15 of 16

TerryMc
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply @Chris_K. Do you have any update on availability of WiFi calling? I have an open market Samsung Note8. I use two SIMs, so couldn't obtain it from O2, only option is to go open market. The frustration is that we had a service from O2 (TuGo) that worked, and it was taken away. It has been many months since this issue raised its ugly head....

Message 16 of 16