Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service problems

phalinmegob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all, been using an iphone 6 for a good few years, upgraded in an o2 store on sunday to an iphone 13. the guy gave us new 5g sim with the phone. before we had arrived home from the store the old sim card was displaying no service. put the new sim in the phone and that displayed no service, its ok, it can take up to 24 hours . monday morning still nothing so went back to the store and the guy in the shop put another sim in and said he would sort it while we wait. then again told it could take up to 24 hours. tuesday evening still nothing so i rang o2 customer services, was told after around 45 minutes that the old sim was active and to put that back in, not listening to me saying there is no service on that either, told me it would work after an hour or two with a reboot but will send me another new sim in the post, so here we are on wedensday with both sims i have displaying no service. any ideas?

i was told i need to use the old sim in first to do a sim swap, how do you do it with no service when the new one turns up in few days, sorry for the long post, but when the new one turns up it will be nearly a week without service or will it work straight away

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@phalinmegob 

You need to call customer services on 0344 809 0202 and they will activate the new sim card for you.  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We seem to have seen quite a lot of these where O2 switch off the old sim when upgrading

@O2Lisa  @O2Emma can you assist please

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@phalinmegob 

Try resetting your network settings first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @jonsie I will pick this up thanks .

signature
Message 5 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @phalinmegob I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

phalinmegob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

as a small update, unfortunatly as i am not the account holder,my wife is, emma was unable to help, i received a new sim today , it was put in the phone as still says no service so i rang customers service (another 45 minutes) and was given the exact same advice as last time, wait 24 hours and it should work, been told the same thing again, three different sims none of which work, they are still saying the original sim is active, which it isnt. two visits in store and two calls, and wait another 24 hours .fed up

Message 8 of 8