cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

next steps after upgrade email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I upgraded my phone this evening online,, the advisor was great, I agreed to all the T&Cs and paid for the handset. He sent me some links about what  to do after upgrade, but I didnt read them because I got distracted and wasnt sure if my new plan was refresh or not. I asked the advisor if there was anything else I needed to do, and he said 'no, just pick your new phone up on wednesday.' I was a happy boy.

Just checked my email and found one tiltled

Next steps for your O2 refresh phone plan - you're almost there

with this message

Good news - we're getting ready to send you your new phone.            We just need to take you through some legal bits            and you will need to read and agreeto your Phone Plan credit agreement. Then it'll be all yours.       

The phone only has your name on it for 72 hours, so don't wait too long. After that you'll have to start the process again.       

Thanks,           

apart from an attatchment of the credit agreement, there was nothing else, no instructions. The only link is the 'legal bits' in light blue, when I use this it takes me to a page that says, simply

Your order cannot be completed.

Nothing else

Can anyone advise me what I need to do, and whether this will infact stop my order or not?

Thanks

Leaky

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Your obviously worried so I would suggest contacting 02 Customer Services to ensure all is on track.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Your obviously worried so I would suggest contacting 02 Customer Services to ensure all is on track.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem.  I "chatted" to a Guru yesterday and agreed on a refresh fast-track upgrade.  He sent me a link to agree to the Ts & Cs and pay the £60 fast-track fee but, after I entered my credit card details, I got an error saying the payment couldn't be processed.  I know there's nothing wrong with my card because I've used it a number of times elsewhere this week and am well within my limit.  

The Guru reset my 02 password twice, which didn't help and every time I go to the URL he sent me, I get this message:

Your order cannot be completed.

I called 202, clicked all the relevant options for "upgrade" and took well over half an hour to get through to someone, only for them to tell me I would have to speak to the "refresh" team but that they were also busy and that I could face another long wait. I had to go and visit my Dad in hospital so couldn't hang on for up to another 30-60 minutes.  

I also got the same email as the one you mentioned and I didn't even realise the bit in blue was a link until this morning but that leads me to that same *bleep*ing message!  

I'm at a total loss as to what to do now. The 'chat' keeps coming up with "We're really busy right now. Thanks for waiting." and I don't want to phone 202 because I don't know how to get through to the "refresh" team and I can't face the endless queueing, only to be told I've got to the wrong team! 

I could really do without the stress right now.  I only want to upgrade early because I've broken the screen on my HTC Rhyme and it has to go in for repair, but I can't be without a smartphone at the moment, so this seemed the best way to get a 'spare' phone without a huge upfront cost.  HELP!

Message 3 of 3