Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim

swanny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bought a sim card from car phone warehouse. how to swap sims. it wont accept my serial number on swap my sim page

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@swanny 

Guide to sim swap here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Sim-Swap-a-mini-guide-2017-update/ba-p/1060675

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If you buy a card from a retailer it is pay as you go as far as I am aware and this can't be swapped to a pay monthly account.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
CPW sell simo too.
The o2 system will still allow you to aim swap to a “wrong” sim but texting won’t work due to the different embedded settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Paul_Watts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cannot swap sims. Must get one from an o2 store and have it activated there and then. Must take photo id with you.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can swap if you have a simo from CPW as long as both sims are on O2. Otherwise you would have to use the PAC to bring the other network number into O2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Paul_Watts wrote:
Cannot swap sims. Must get one from an o2 store and have it activated there and then. Must take photo id with you.

O2 provide a number of ways to swap sims without visiting a store.

To swap your sim text SWAP to 20220. Or, follow the steps below:

1. Visit the swap my sim page and enter your mobile number in the box provided.
  2. We’ll then send you a six digit code by text.
  3. Enter your six digit code in the box provided.
  4. Locate the serial number for your new sim. You’ll find it on the back of the sim card. It’s the long number beginning with 8944.
  5. Enter your serial number in the box provided.

That’s it. We’ll let you know your sim swap has been successful.

Sim swaps can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once you lose signal with your original sim, turn your device off. Put in your new sim and turn your device back on. If you need to, turn your device off and on until you get signal. Then you're ready to go.

Find out more about sim swap

Taken from here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim

You also need to add 894411 (if missing) at the start of your 13 digit number so that it makes 19 digits in total.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7