cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to down grade taffif

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi have had phone on contract for 12months off a 24 contract like alot of people times are hard i need to either downgrade my taffif or will have to look at taking a debt relief order and ending contract any ideas how i can downgrade to cheaper taffif ?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
went to citizens advise told to call o2 did was told nothing could be done its crazy so till i get made bankrupt il stop eating ?? wont need a phone i suppose when im homeless cant believe that a blue chip company cant help im only asking for them to reduce taffif to a lower one which i can afford also dont have much chance of getting more work as am disabled
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully if you've been made redundant then if you have been with the firm long enough you should receive some form of redundancy.

Making yourself bankrupt or applying for a Debt Relief order also carries a fee.

Good luck mate.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

citizens advise told me to phone o2 did with no joy i suppose i wont need a phone when im homeless no chance of getting another job as im disabled   and 64 thanks all for advise im really shocked that a blue chip company like o2 cant help   infact i find discusting  also when i have to go bankrupt o2 wont get anything surely just lowering taffif to £30 a month from 36 would be better then they would get paid if not  they wont 

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but are there any bolt-ons applied to your account that you could remove which would bring the price down a bit?

Sadly, the situation is that you signed a contract that you are legally obliged to fulfill. I agree that situations cant change but if it was as easy as pleading poverty to O2 to have your contract changed so you could pay less then O2 would have a problem with everyone doing it. This is one of the reasons why they have had to put an end to reducing tariff's during the life of the contract, people were getting new phone's for next to nothing because they were able to reduce their tariff after a period of time.

Unfortunately Consumer Advice can't really help as O2 will only deal with you, however they should be able to help you draft a letter that you could send to O2 explaining your situation and asking to bring the price of your tariff down to a manageable price.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well put together Papadug.

I'm sure we all hope the OP's circumstances turnaround.
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely! I've been there (admittedly not to the point where I had no job) and been in so much debt I wan't sure how I was going to feed myself, but thankfully I had been able to end a phone contract with Vodafone and moved onto O2 PAYG before things got too bad.

To the OP: Things do get better, believe me, its just difficult to see right now because of all the weight on your shoulders and the demanding letters. But I promise that there is light at the end of the tunnel, try not to let your situation drag you down too much. There are people and organisations who want to (and can) help you! Keep your head up and you'll find yourself in a manageable position slowly but surely. Its not going to be easy but you will get there!

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was made redundant but was lucky enough to have another job set up.

It sounds like his credit rating will take a hit but I would think he wouldn't be too worried about this at the moment.

Remember the demanding letters which talk about nasty things they can do are just words unless backed up by a county court judgement which not many companies do. They just keep re selling the debt.

The best thing you can do is talk to people. Get it all out and not bottle things up.
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The best thing you can do is talk to people. Get it all out and not bottle things up.

This! Possibly the best piece of advice anyone can give another person, and one piece of advice I found invaluable!

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

This Op's thread has played on my mind and am hoping they will return to update this thread with hopefully good news.

Message 19 of 19