cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to fix a mast?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

First post, not familiar with it all, but I was just wondering what is the typical time to fix a mast if it's broken?

My work where I spend the majority of my time is located in the DA2 6** area, and the mast here has been broken for over 2 months now with only voice and text working. No data for mobile internet at all!

I can get far cheaper mobile phone charges if I didn't have mobile internet, so I've been paying for a service I've been unable to use 90% of the time. 

Any ideas?

Regards,

Stewart

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

First post, not familiar with it all, but I was just wondering what is the typical time to fix a mast if it's broken?

My work where I spend the majority of my time is located in the DA2 6** area, and the mast here has been broken for over 2 months now with only voice and text working. No data for mobile internet at all!

I can get far cheaper mobile phone charges if I didn't have mobile internet, so I've been paying for a service I've been unable to use 90% of the time. 

Any ideas?

Regards,

Stewart

Hi Stewart and Welcome to the community Forum,

We are not given time frames I'm afraid in regards to mast repairs.

My local mast has been down for a few weeks also giving intermittent coverage.

Best suggestion is to keep checking and turn your phone off and on to reset it.

You could contact 02 via an e mail or phone call but I think you would just get the standard answer.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

2.2 The Service isn’t fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you’re in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You’re entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We may carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues or outages on our network can occur. If something goes wrong, we’ll try to fix it quickly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Regards,

Stewart

Hi Stewart and Welcome to the community Forum,

We are not given time frames I'm afraid in regards to mast repairs.

My local mast has been down for a few weeks also giving intermittent coverage.

Best suggestion is to keep checking and turn your phone off and on to reset it.

You could contact 02 via an e mail or phone call but I think you would just get the standard answer.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

2.2 The Service isn’t fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you’re in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You’re entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We may carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues or outages on our network can occur. If something goes wrong, we’ll try to fix it quickly.

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Usually a mast is fixed within days but O2 won't give out time scales. two months is a ridiculous amount of time so I would be inclined to make an official complaint at this stage.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should be able to claim for something towards the downtime you've paid for, as above though you just know they're onto it:

Live results for DA2 6

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 15:01 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4