cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to down grade taffif

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi have had phone on contract for 12months off a 24 contract like alot of people times are hard i need to either downgrade my taffif or will have to look at taking a debt relief order and ending contract any ideas how i can downgrade to cheaper taffif ?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you recently took out your contract then you cannot downgrade i'm afraid unless it was taken out before March 2012.

Have you looked at reducing any of your other outgoing's such as Sky/Virgin etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you recently took out your contract then you cannot downgrade i'm afraid unless it was taken out before March 2012.

Have you looked at reducing any of your other outgoing's such as Sky/Virgin etc.

Message 2 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you took your contract out after March 2012, you cannot downgrade your tariff. You can cancel any bolt-ons you may have to lessen the monthly charge, but that's about it, I'm sorry to say.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh well thats crazy so il have to go the debt relief way then and 02 wont get anything  crazy in these times when people cant afford to keep up with bills and want to downgrade you cant  i cant help it ive lost my job 

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I was editing my post as you re posted to suggest reducing other packages such as Sky or Virgin Tv if you have them.

How does the procedure you state end the 02 contract ??

I hope your luck turns around.

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try calling customer service on 202 to discuss your options, maybe they can help.

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

afraid the virgin tv wentalong time ago with both my cats  car  can hardly afford to eat  have cancelled home insurance home phone etc  may if i write to the press explaining that o2 wont help something can be done if not will have to file for bankrupcy then 02 wont get anything  must be loadsof people in same boat 

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow Jonsie's advice and speak to 02 before it esculates.

Lots of people are living hand to mouth.

Their are avenues such as selling your phone or goods to help pay off the contract early.

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Really sorry to hear about your circumstances and it must be tough.

I think citizens advice may be a good starting point if you get no joy from customer service.

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive used the e mail link before and did get a callback the same day.

Hope all goes well.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_protection_for_the_consumer_e/consumer_citiz...

Message 10 of 19