cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data charges when turned off

Anonymous
Not applicable

why am i being  being charged £1 for using mobile data when i have it turned off.??

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
All I can think of is a fault with the phone or on your account then.
Try and contact CS to see if they can see when data is being used as it might help identify an issue - do you turn the phone off at night and on again in the morning as this can sometimes use a little data whilst the phone boots up?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We'd have no idea unfortunately, however, even the smallest amount of data will trigger your daily charge.
What phone is it and how have you turned it off?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It sounds like Web daily...though I will have to ask @MI5 to confirm this...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It will be but shouldn't be charged if data is properly turned off.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone is a sony experia e2003 and mobile data is turned off in the settings but im still getting messages the messages saying you will be charged no more than £1 for using data today, its now got to the point where i dont want to top up.how do i stop these charges?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your phone must be getting a data connection somehow.
Are you sure mobile data is off and not just data roaming?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes ive been all thought the settings and mobile data is definitively turned off as is roaming. its also greyed out in the drop down tab quick settings.. ive compared mine to my partners who has the same phone but not this problem and his settings are identical to mine yet he only incurs a charge when he turns mobile data on. 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Then maybe you need to contact CS or pop into your nearest O2 store @Anonymous

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
All I can think of is a fault with the phone or on your account then.
Try and contact CS to see if they can see when data is being used as it might help identify an issue - do you turn the phone off at night and on again in the morning as this can sometimes use a little data whilst the phone boots up?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9