Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late payment fees

TrishPat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi I am been charged late payment fees. Yet I I'm well within the terms time limit dates? Why would i srmtill be been charged£3.50
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @TrishPat

Firstly, this is not Customer Services but a customer forum comprised of customers like yourself. So we would have no access to your account.

However, all of us on contracts, whether Refresh or Sim Only are expected to make payment on the date specified in the contract. If payment is not received on that date the payment is considered late and O2 are within their rights to charge a late fee.

I'm assuming, for whatever reason, your payment was late. Hence the late payment charge. If you have still not paid I would do so asap to ensure O2 do not disconnect your phone as you could be subject to a reconnection fee as well.

If you are having problems you should contact Customer Services soonest
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
8-8.30 in the morning is the best time as they are not too busy.

Hope I've been of some help and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @TrishPat

Firstly, this is not Customer Services but a customer forum comprised of customers like yourself. So we would have no access to your account.

However, all of us on contracts, whether Refresh or Sim Only are expected to make payment on the date specified in the contract. If payment is not received on that date the payment is considered late and O2 are within their rights to charge a late fee.

I'm assuming, for whatever reason, your payment was late. Hence the late payment charge. If you have still not paid I would do so asap to ensure O2 do not disconnect your phone as you could be subject to a reconnection fee as well.

If you are having problems you should contact Customer Services soonest
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
8-8.30 in the morning is the best time as they are not too busy.

Hope I've been of some help and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @TrishPat, just wanted to check how you're getting on with this now that it's been a few days since your post? Any help from the above reply?

Cheers @Glory1 for the information above. slight_smile

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
£3.50 doesn't sound like a late payment fee?
Are you sure it's not a premium text subscription or something?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 10

TrishPat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I rang 02 and as I have paid my bill within time limits the £3.50 will be taken off my next months bill.I was just 2 days late from their billing dates so after contacting 02 they said it will be taken off next months as it's too late to take from bill already been done.
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TrishPatwrote:
Hi I rang 02 and as I have paid my bill within time limits the £3.50 will be taken off my next months bill.I was just 2 days late from their billing dates so after contacting 02 they said it will be taken off next months as it's too late to take from bill already been done.

@TrishPatDid they actually say what the £.3.50 charge was for? I know you said they are paying you back but I am still unclear as to why they overcharged you in the first place.? Either way, contacing customer services resolved the issue...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
£3.50 is a late payment charge as confirmed by jonsie but seems strange it was added so quickly if only 2 days late.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I understood it differently @TrishPat said....

I interpreted that as being 2 days too late to add to this billing date hence it would be added to the next one.

Particularly as the op also said they paid their bill within the time limits.

No matter, it's sorted now...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 10