Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

junk call?

anyone else being bombarded with calls from 01612776601 ? mine started about a week ago. Never answer unknown numbers, but a google search suggested it is probably a scam targetting o2 customers

Topics: 573
Solutions: 16,138

Re: junk call?

Lots of reports on Google https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=01612776601&oq=01612776601&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

Scary - I adopt a simple rule. I refuse to accept that someone cold calling me is who they say they are, I don't care if they are legit or not you won't get any joy out of me cold calling me.

Topics: 573
Solutions: 16,138

@Anonymous wrote:

Scary - I adopt a simple rule. I refuse to accept that someone cold calling me is who they say they are, I don't care if they are legit or not you won't get any joy out of me cold calling me.

Good tactic Smiley Wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 34
Kudos: 132
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

My pet peeve is actually saying hello to an automated voice  telling me that I'm owed money from an accident I didn't have.. Weird I wonder if I'm the only one who tells it where to go Smiley Tongue x

giphy-3
Anonymous

I don't get any cold calls anymore, however whenever I did I'd never pick up. I'd then just Google the number and see what pops up. Most of the time its just companies trying to say you're entitled to money after an accident or some such. 

Either way best bet is just to leave it to ring out. Maybe even just block the number if you know its just a scam or rubbish. 

Topics: 34
Kudos: 132
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

I always block the number..problem is they're wise to that now and withold their number..so annoying!Crazy x

giphy-3
Topics: 766

@Cairdeas wrote:

I always block the number..problem is they're wise to that now and withold their number..so annoying!Crazy x

Or just as bad @Cairdeas  they use a different combination of those digits....and it needs blocking again...and again..and ad infinitum.....Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,299

They honestly don't bother me but I don't get that many as to be annoying. Just pressing end call works fine.

Anonymous

I answer them and as soon as I know they are junk calls I leave them on the call. They want to pay to waste money that's their funeral