Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 12 phone never turned up + charged for iphone 14 that I don't have

Dave_1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a long string of phone calls from O2 saying I was eligible for an iphone 12, including 6 emails.

They had all my details - address, bank account, and even texted my security codes from O2 so seemed legit.

Hello David,

We'll process your order as quickly as we can, so it will be in your hands
before you know it. And if you're itching for updates (which we're sure
you are), keep an eye on your inbox for news of its progress and
delivery.

Your order details
Item(s) ordered: 1 20**Personal info** Standard Delivery £0.00
2 Disney instructions £0.00
 Apple iphone 12 5G 64GB Graphite O2 Refresh FLX 5GB
Monthly Plan £13.00
Order number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VAT Included: £0
Total: £13.00
Got a question? Visit our online help centre at www.o2.co.uk/help or put
it to the O2 Community at http://o2.uk/O2Welcome

They sent through an iphone 14 Max instead. When I called to register the device, they realised the error and sent out  Royal mail to collect. When I handed it back, I made sure I got a receipt.

However, O2 still haven't sent out the iphone 12. The number they used to call me is now dead.

And in my bill, it's showing that I have bought an iphone 14 Max and am being billed £53/month.

Can anyone suggest the best course of action? (The virtual assistant is useless for this).

thanks

David

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Dave_1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino I did get the phone (iphone 14). It arrived via DHL and I got to play with it for a day. When I came to register the phone, o2 realised that this was sent to me in error and arranged re-collection. 

I'm in the process in getting through to o2.

Message 11 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6746 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Why would they say they sent the wrong phone when you received a 14 and it says 14 on your account?

You say the number they used to call you has now gone dead? Have you got a record of the number? Should be easy to prove if it is genuine O2 or not.

Regarding the return of the phone, is it an official Royal Mail receipt? Again easy to check at your local sorting office.

Did you note the return address?

Sorry, but I think the iPhone 14 has now been sold on and you are paying for it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 15

Dave_1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The original contact says I was receiving a 12. Anyway, I'm told now by o2 that this is indeed a fraud - looks like an inside job.

Message 13 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Dave_1 As well as reporting this to O2 it should be reported to the police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144862 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Dave_1 wrote:

The original contact says I was receiving a 12. Anyway, I'm told now by o2 that this is indeed a fraud - looks like an inside job.

It had all the hallmarks of fraud, hence my first response.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15