Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect number on bill

Wikwiki65
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently bought my daughter a phone and sim via Mobile phones direct, all arrived and works fine...until on 24th December 2020 I get the bill, which has a different number to what was on the O2 sim card, and the amount charged for this was also much more than expected. Tried to contact O2 via phone and the help? option, and after 5 attempts have been told the excess amount is due to rounding the previous month, and that I am indeed being charged the correct amount...so that is cool...

I ask them to change the phone number over so I can pay the bill, and the guy says he cannot, and that I need to contact mobile phones direct to resolve this, but I still need to pay the bill...

I am uncomfortable paying this, as this incorrect number is being used by someone else apparently, and my daughter's new number is not recognised...and her number may get cut off due to her unrecognised number not being paid???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123136 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Wikwiki65 

Obviously the phone is working ok and your first bill has been explained, so you do need to contact Mobile Phones Direct to change the number.

It's just a mistake on their system.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144687 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Wikwiki65 

I think you'll need the help of @O2Waqas 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag,

@Wikwiki65 I will send you a private message so we can look into this further

Thanks 

signature
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144687 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Thanks @O2Waqas thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Wikwiki65
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thank you for your comment, so I contact MPD and they will issue O2 with the correct information...cool

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123136 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Wikwiki65 

One of our account advisors has been called in to look at your account. Look out for a private message from @O2Waqas thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7