Did you mean: 

iPhone SE

wisewombat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Sorry for the querry - I was hoping to be able to contact someone at O2 directly but can't find an email address so was wondering if someone on this community could help me out.

I'm looking at upgrading to an iPhone SE 2020 from my current SE. I have found on uSwitch a 64gb Black SE with 5gb of data and unlimited minutes and texts with O2. This costs £125 up front and £21 a month for 24 months (see link below).

On the O2 website, following the links via 'upgrade', despite entering the same combination of data, contract length and upfront cost, the price is £30 a month.

I'm very happy to stay with O2. I don't understand why I can't access this deal through their website. Does anyone have any advice on contacting them? I'd rather go through O2 directly than affordable mobiles, but if I can't get in touch with them it seems like a no-brainer.

Thanks

link - https://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/basket?adnetwork=usw&affid=73902&progid=1313&siteid=73902&utm_ca...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@wisewombat 

3rd party sellers are paid commission which they use to discount deals and they also don't have network overheads to factor into their pricing.

They will always be cheaper but you won't get any direct O2 discounts or the benefit of the refresh tariff.

Just go with the option that suits you best overall. It will be the same phone and network either way.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @wisewombat 

O2 won't pricematch. They feel their Refresh Flexible contracts are superior to a 2 year fixed contract from third parties.

O2 direct also offer the Open discount which isn't available from anyone else.

All that aside, people have to choose the contract which suits them and their finances, so if Refresh isn't a deal breaker go for the Affordable Mobiles deal.

I can give you the  contact numbers for O2. All here in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support (although as said, they won't pricematch.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3