Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close device plan credit agreement

IamNads
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I made the final payment on my device plan a month ago but the credit agreement is still showing as active when I check my credit report. It also still shows up when I check My O2. It shows the balance as zero, but it’s still showing I have a device plan attached to my account. I want the loan closed/settled. I’ve not even had any written confirmation from O2 - is this normal? Should I not receive something in writing? How long after my final payment does this normally take?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@IamNads

Well I'm not sure. I also paid my device plan more than a month ago and it is showing on my credit report as open even though the balance is 0. Well I'm guessing this doesn't affect your credit scores in any way so you shouldn't be bothered. If you are then the best you can do is to call O2 customer service to see what can be done about it.
All numbers are here. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
For me I haven't bothered to ask as I don't think this affects my credit score
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@IamNads 

Are you on a Refresh contract? If so, I presume the airtime part is still active?

Until you upgrade or cancel, then the contract will show as it is currently in my O2.

The device was the credit agreement part of the contract you took out with O2.

If it's showing a zero balance, then you have nothing to worry about and there is no need for it to be removed at all.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Edited to add, you won't get anything from O2 in terms of an email. They expect you to manage your own account via My O2.

If you are happy with the phone, you may want to consider moving to a sim only plan now the device is paid off. You could pay considerably less than you are currently.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P18M 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions

@IamNads 

If you check different agency reports you will see that some update monthly whilst others only every 3 or 6 months.

It will show as complete once the agency update their records.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4