cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 plus not told of low stock

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not happy at all!!! While chatting live to an advisor I was purchasing the 7plus on contract, I paid the up front fee and was told I would receive it the next day. I then received an email telling me they had none in stock and I will be told when I will be getting it when in stock. The advisor knew what i was doing and didn't bother to inform me of this issue. But instead told me I would get it the next day. If I knew this was the case I would have ordered a colour in stock. I feel misled and used for my money!!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually if you look around this forum you will find that it is accurate that they do not inform you of stock. The advisors are only reading from a prepared script & the website always says in stock

Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol alright calm down... you just got the wrong person is all. I got told different.
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just telling facts & I never upgrade online or via chat as I know what will likely happen 

Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe you!! okay? I ordered over the phone anyway. I wanted an iPhone 7, was told out of stock so went with 6s Plus.
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well they didn't do that to me? just because you or more had a bad experience with them...
Message 15 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123133 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@AnonymousIf you take time to read all the posts on this forum you will see 100's of people are complaining about the same issue. You were probably 'lucky' with your experience. Others aren't. You obviously phoned to place your order...the majority of people do this online. This is when the problems start. These are the unlucky ones who are never told the phone is out of stock. The iPhone 7 thread will show you that some people who pre-ordered their device in September, gave up in December and went elsewhere.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 28

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
@Anonymous the only customers that see a live stock system are Enterprise customers, we even get told what handsets are out of stock slight_smile

For consumers as others have alluded to their is no live stock system.

With regards to the IPhone 7 plus farce apple are keeping stock for themselves as they prioritise their own customers where they make a bigger slice of profit
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. At the time I was just told if they had stock or not, didn't need to ask, and this was done over the phone not online so I assume I did right there. tongue
Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, Cleoriff. I have actually taken my time to get through a majority of complaints last night. It's bad I know.. but Apple will be Apple. Prioritising number 1. Nothing's going to change that... if customers are that desperate for the latest phones with them, they have 2 financing options available as a solution to getting on a monthly contract.
Message 19 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123133 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Unfortunately @Anonymous Refresh contracts are a deal breaker for some...and as O2 is the only place to get that type of deal...it's a bit of a Catch 22 for them...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 28