Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFitness Fraud

Seano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just discovered that via my O2 account I have been defrauded of £12 per month by a company called iFitness. A lesson in not paying attention to bills. Will be looking to publicise this low-level crime run byiFitness, and with my contract with o2 ending soon, will pay up the remainder of it. I can't aford the the risk of this happening again. See others on this forum have been robbbed too. Just shocked. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will not take responsibility because it’s not actually their problem, you must have clicked a link or subscribed to something in the past
Message 11 of 13

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 will not take responsibility because it’s not actually their problem, you must have clicked a link or subscribed to something in the past

@Anonymous

It is O2's problem, or rather it ought to be. You cannot be legally subscribed to these 'services' just by clicking a link. Even if you have subscribed to something in the past, it is not legal to start another subscription without the consumer's consent.

The 'official' advice is that you must have 'inadvertently' clicked a link. Actually, to legitimately sign up for these services you need to have clicked on a box saying 'Subscribe for £4.50/wk' and then clicked on a box saying 'Confirm this charge to your phone account'. If you didn't see these boxes and click on them you've been scammed. So many people are becoming subscribed to these 'services' without knowingly giving consent that something is seriously wrong.

Most of these services are just a front to rob consumers by using the vulnerabilities of the 'Payforit' system.

Take a look at the Trustpilot reviews for SB7 Mobile Ltd, and for Lasevia Ltd , to get an idea. Not one review from a consumer who knowingly subscribed! Why do O2 continue to do business with companies like this.

It is O2 who pass the consumers phone number to the scammers via 'Payforit', and it is time that they started to take responsiblity for the resulting fraud.

These scams are a disgrace to the mobile communications industry.

Paul

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don’t need to look at reviews. The threads on here give me an idea about these companies & what they do. O2 can put bars on your accounts but as regards to the scam & company, that’s nothing to do with O2 as you have to follow up with the company itself charging you
Message 13 of 13