cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a better deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

i watched a program on telly were people had been with there network providers etc for at least 6 months, and complained to o2 about better deals out there etc and i was suprised how much o2 offered them, has anyone ever tried this with o2 and what was the resault? thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

From reading this board people seem to have got very little from O2. 

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's only certain phones that O2 can do a "Special Deal" on (definitely not iPhones for eg.)

O2s upgrade and retention departments have a "Kitty" they can spend on your upgrade, if you've not been with O2 for a long time or don't have a very good payment history, your "Kitty" wont be very good.

The amount you get offered is based on your AMS (Average Monthly Spend) simply enough.

If you're on a £15.50 contract for example, its extremely unlikely you'll be given any kind of goodwill with your upgrade!

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

you only get a good deal if you are an existing customer upgrading on an expensive tariff or a new customer choosing the latest smartphone on a contract offer with incentives to make you want to spend more

Message 4 of 16

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

you only get a good deal if you are an existing customer upgrading on an expensive tariff or a new customer choosing the latest smartphone on a contract offer with incentives to make you want to spend more

That doesn't seems right though does it? I've been with O2 since Cellnet days, payg early on, then for many years monthly. I know what you're saying is right through experience, but it's not on. 

Long gone are the days where customer loyalty counts-and didn't O2 say that their long term customers will get the same as new? this subject has been broached before as a sore point.  I got told by a very enthusiastic CS member that I would be able to upgrade a whole month early-WOWEE! scuse sarcasm lol infact due to greed we 'loyal' customers who pay continually pay up get sfa!!  I'm keeping my eye on other providers as my monies as good there too.....

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I've been with 02 for over 6 years and am on quite a high rate but when I signed up, after questioning "unlimited data" only to find that ment I could use wifi, I was pursuaded that 500meg was more then enough. Now I am reaching that limit well before the end of the month.

The best I could be offered, pay £10 a month for 1gb bolt on. Nothing more, and that was after being cut off by another operator. I have 12 months left on my phone then I think I will be switching provider.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I upgraded one of my contracts from an Iphone 4 to a 4s Agreed it is a £42 a month contract but they offered my 200 extra anytime anynet minutes and unlimited anynet weekend calls just for staying with them so they do have certain flexibility on Iphones

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have found O2 to be very flexible with both their mobile and broadband tariffs. I am not a very high spender but when renewals come round I normally get a very fair deal. Maybe my expectations are not that high so it is easy to meet them halfway. My current 24 month contract is soon to come to an end but I want a Samsung Galaxy 2 now, so I approached retentions for my PAC as deals elsewhere are much better than O2. The guy kept me on the call for near 10 minutes persuading me that if I hang on they will give me a very good deal and extra incentives. This is exactly what happended 2 years ago when I got my Nokia N8. Then I ended up with the handset free and unlimited o2 to o2 thrown in. So, in my experience, O2 are very competitive and do all they can to keep your custom. If you meet them half way and don't set your expectations too high, you could end up with a superb deal. Thanks for your time.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as I mentioned in one of my posts o2 have very recently dropped the price of unlimited or on and on simplicity by £5 per month only till the end of august having just changed onto that tariff at £26 a month a few days before the new deal A quick call in and they changed me so I'm saving another £6 a month the guy on the phones attitude was well if you can save £6 a month why not so in my opinion they really do do all they can to help 

Message 9 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They seem to have flexability on tariffs and extras but don't usually bend on handset prices and it also depends just who you speak to. If you don't get a deal you want I would try calling again and speaking to a different advisor.

Message 10 of 16