cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a better deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

i watched a program on telly were people had been with there network providers etc for at least 6 months, and complained to o2 about better deals out there etc and i was suprised how much o2 offered them, has anyone ever tried this with o2 and what was the resault? thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract expired a few months ago, and after getting sick of seeing how poor the upgrade deals are I decided to call up and get my PAC code today.  I've been with o2 for 3 or 4 years, have always paid my bill on time by DD, but when I told the guy the deal from another provider I was going for he didn't even try to keep me - he just gave me my PAC code and that was it.

Just to highlight how poor a deal I was being offered here are the details - the phone I am after is the HTC One S.  A rival carrier is offering this handset for no upfront cost on a £27 per month tariff which gets you 1000mins, 5000texts and unlimited data.  o2's attempt to match it on a no upfront cost basiswas 900mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data for £41 per month.

As I said to the chap in retentions I'd prefer not to leave o2 - but given the above numbers what choice do I have?  I'd welcome a call from an o2 agent if there's anything they think they can do for me...

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can call cs from your pay monthly mobile on 202 but all customers get the same deals availble to them now. regardless if they are new or existing customers but if you can haggle the deal you want, good luck to you

Message 12 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd welcome a call from an o2 agent if there's anything they think they can do for me...

O2 will not respond here it is customer to customer and the offer you have had from retentions is the best they can do.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

you can call cs from your pay monthly mobile on 202 but all customers get the same deals availble to them now. regardless if they are new or existing customers but if you can haggle the deal you want, good luck to you

Stuart did you read what Jie_Bie_1874 wrote ????? they have already rung and disccused options???????

I sugest you think before posting

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i did but theres no harm in trying agin as a different agent may give the answer he was looking for

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was ready to sign up to a rival - but thought I'd give o2 one last chance as per stuarts suggestion above.  The agent in retentions managed to knock a few quid of the monthly cost of a comparable tariff - and while it's still not quite as cheap as what the rival company were offering it was close enough to persuade me to stay.

So well done o2 for eventually ensuring a customer stays with them.  Looking forward to getting my HTC One S now!

Message 16 of 16