cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i keep a check my data usage on my iphone 5S?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Download the My O2 app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2
You can also see individual app usage in the settings menu on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Download the My O2 app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2
You can also see individual app usage in the settings menu on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Apple link here to check on phone but if your language is set to UK English the section will be Mobile not Cellular.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201299

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
No an IOS user, but surely you can set the phone to warn you when nearing your limit. Both WP and Android have apps that will display whats been used over cellular, wifi and remaining allowances. The 02 app is good but its also not instantly updated, and wont monitor your usage locally or provide warnings when near your limit. Some apps will even tell the phone to restrict data when running low to ensure priority apps remain active and save over using fees.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Loads of apps on all platforms that do similar things in terms of data tracking / reporting etc.
Just find one that suits.
One advantage with O2 though is no fees for going over data allowance - it just stops.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5