cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crooks

Anonymous
Not applicable

sent the new phone back to 02 with faulty on/off switch. they recieved it in 24hrs and then said it was smashed and wanted £125...absolute crooks they must have smashed it as it was well bubble wrapped - anyone else had this

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

How "new" was the phone as if under 14 days old they should have just swapped it out for you and not send it off. Help link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=12876

Did you take it into an O2 Store to send off - if so did the o2 employee note the condition of the phone. Speak to him/her to gain support of said condition.

We do hear of issues when sending off handsets to the repair centres Networks use, but it's usually that the liquid sensors have been tripped.

How did you send it off ? Did you add any form of insurance ?

If you didn't take any Time & Date Stamped Pictures (I place ones I send back on a copy of that day's Newspaper) it's going to be difficult proving the damage was caused at their end unless they say they have.

So if you sent it off with no screen damage then the other option is damaged in transit which is why I ask how you sent it.

Other avenues are asking for it back and look at any Household Contents Insurance or see if any Bank Account you have has Mobile Phone Cover. (Excess fee's typically Apply)

You can make your complaint official to O2 here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Let us know how you get on please.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Did you take any photos of the condition you sent it in or post it insured?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Did you take photos of the phone before you sent it off/

It is possible it could have been damaged in transit. Did you send it by post or take it instore?

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

How "new" was the phone as if under 14 days old they should have just swapped it out for you and not send it off. Help link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=12876

Did you take it into an O2 Store to send off - if so did the o2 employee note the condition of the phone. Speak to him/her to gain support of said condition.

We do hear of issues when sending off handsets to the repair centres Networks use, but it's usually that the liquid sensors have been tripped.

How did you send it off ? Did you add any form of insurance ?

If you didn't take any Time & Date Stamped Pictures (I place ones I send back on a copy of that day's Newspaper) it's going to be difficult proving the damage was caused at their end unless they say they have.

So if you sent it off with no screen damage then the other option is damaged in transit which is why I ask how you sent it.

Other avenues are asking for it back and look at any Household Contents Insurance or see if any Bank Account you have has Mobile Phone Cover. (Excess fee's typically Apply)

You can make your complaint official to O2 here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Reading through these responses with good advice, it suddenly struck me how sad it is in todays world that we have to take all these precautions to ensure no-one takes advantage of us if we have to send our phones back:smileysad:

It makes you wonder how many times this happens to unsuspecting people....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Items can get damaged in the post, which is why paying the insurance is a good idea, but posting anything of value without insurance will always be a big risk.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's all down to how the phone ended up with the repairer's to be honest and until we know it's difficult to comment further.

Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's all down to how the phone ended up with the repairer's to be honest and until we know it's difficult to comment further.

True @jonsie  However I am not just commenting on this post. The amount of times this advice has been given in the past infers that we as customers need to ensure we have proof of the condition of our phones before we send it for repair...

This, in turn, infers that some 'repairers' will try to tell us the phone is worse than it is...in order to rack up the cost?...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The flip side is that some have also sent their phones away for repair Ref a documented fault also knowing an undocumented fault exists hoping that gets solved too.
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am sure there will always be unscrupulous practices by many people.

My concern, as someone genuine who could probably have a fault with my phone, is the amount of care I would have to take before sending it off for repair...to ensure I wasn't going to get an out of proportion bill ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16