Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of signal in N22 7RY

Loss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
For two years I have had a perfect signal in N22 7RY where I live. However since July 2014 the signal has completely gone. O2 network services say that there is a mains power issue with the mast at Alexandra Palace...
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Loss and Welcome to the Forum.

Under the Service Status here http://status.o2.co.uk your local mast is showing as not working.

However not having any signal since July 14 is not good and as such I would download the MYNETWORK App to report the masts yourself , and fill in the complaints link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain to make your issues official. Even though O2 state in their T&C that the service is not fault free and not available everywhere we have known them to give a Goodwill gesture or reduce the monthly tariff amount. I appreciate this does not return your signal. I assume this signal loss is just in that postcode area.

Unfortunately O2 do not give out real time repair information so it's a case of keep checking the link and re boot your phone when it's showing as good.

"Please select the service affected before performing your check:
Don't Know Voice Data Text
Search
Live results for N22 7RY, London, London

Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
Updated 08:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
Good indoors and outdoors.

Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
Good outdoors. Patchy indoors. Not good for mobile broadband.

We’re building a faster, smarter, stronger network
Chatting. Texting. Surfing. Streaming. Your phone lets you do more than ever before. That’s why we spend £1.5 million every day, improving our network. In fact we plan to reach 98% of the population with 2G, 3G and 4G indoor and outdoor coverage before 2017 bringing high-speed connectivity to some areas that have never have had this access before.

If we need to make upgrades to the network in your area, it might affect your signal whilst the work’s being carried out. But we’ll always make sure we make it as quick and painless as possible."
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Loss wrote:
O2 network services say that there is a mains power issue with the mast at Alexandra Palace...

This would definitely cause an issue.

Have you considered raising a complaint?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm the same poor signal
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm the same poor signal

Some generic help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

and here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-may-help-Explain/m-p/382428

We might be able to help more if we have more detail of the problem from yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Loss
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the info but I did raise a complaint on the 17th July. They suggested using the 'TU Go' app but it's terrible at receiving calls. I'm feeling very negative at the moment.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tugo has its Pro' and Con's 😞

Don't blame you for feeling the way you do.
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If this has been going on for an unreasonable amount of time follow the complaints route. Be resolute and keep following it up. Others have been allowed to give the handset back and walk away from the contract without penalty.

Message 8 of 12

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

As this fault is due to a mains power issue then O2 may have to wait for the relevant power network to remedy the fault and their priorities will be different to O2's.

Follow up on the complaint as you still have the issue and if necessary escalate it to the CEO's office.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 12

Loss
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I wrote a letter to the CEO Ronan Dunne last week and I'm waiting for a reply.
Message 10 of 12