Did you mean: 

credit check failure

vxit8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi community,

I am a potential client and I have recenty applied for a pay monthly phone+sim. It was a 12 months deal for approx 110 £/month. The credit check failed without any obvious reason. I have a full score on Experian (999/999) and my salary is on the highest option in the onboarding questionnaire (the reason I want to pay monthly is that it would be covered by my employer).

I emailed the credit checks team and called customer service but none of those was helpful. A couple of potential issues:

- the day before I applied online, I made an application at a shop but ultimately cancelled it as they could not get a timely response from credit checks team;

- I was an O2 client a few years ago, however I never had any payment issue, etc.

However nobody could clarify the exact reason for the order cancellation, so there is nothing else I could/would try if not sure of the outcome.

Is there anyone from O2 team who could help me?

thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@vxit8 

Most likely reason is 2 credit checks in quick succession.

I'd wait 30 days and try again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2