Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some information about Switch Up

MummyPikachu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I added this to my account as I have just got a new contract. I wanted the benefit of choosing a new phone when I please. However, the golden question here is, will O2 conduct a credit check when you go to the O2 store and choose a new phone/contract? If this is the case then I will cancel the Switch Up add on asap.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145013 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@MummyPikachu 

As it is classed as a new contract and not an upgrade, yes, you will be credit checked.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145013 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@MummyPikachu 

As it is classed as a new contract and not an upgrade, yes, you will be credit checked.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

mobilemandan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 48 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

The check will be an affordability check mainly. As long as your bills are up to date you will be accepted.

Already used Switch Up 2 times and they go through the same process as an upgrade but unless you owe them money it should not decline it's just a mark on your credit file you closed a loan and opened another 

Had this confirmed by someone on here from O2 and as someone who has bad credit and worried about the same hopefully this puts your mind at rest 

Message 3 of 3