Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compressed web images

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On O2 payg and tesco mobile giff gaff i see web images are still being compressed so the resolution of the image on the screen is lowered,

On o2 contract you can change the apn to stop this but i can not seem to stop it on payg any one have any ideas

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Using bypass is the only way.
If it doesn't work on payg then there is nothing you can do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Using bypass is the only way.
If it doesn't work on payg then there is nothing you can do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks just tested this on o2 payg and giff gaff and tesco payg and pay monthly and it does not remove it such a shame they still do this in 2016 vodafone and ee stoped it a few years ago which leave o2 as the only one still using image compression,

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, I agree.
Very irritating and unnecessary these days.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well, there are still some lower plans making this is useful. Bit it should be able to be turned off
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 6

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@la7 wrote:

Thanks just tested this on o2 payg and giff gaff and tesco payg and pay monthly and it does not remove it such a shame they still do this in 2016 vodafone and ee stoped it a few years ago which leave o2 as the only one still using image compression,

I agree as the bandwidth today is enough for it.

Additionally, I don't know why O2 needs a transparent proxy on the network. I think it is unnecessary, or at least provide a switch to disable it, such as for tethering and mobile broadband.

Message 6 of 6