cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cold called and Mis sold a contract and now I'm in a mess.!!..thanks o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right..ive been an o2 customer for years,even used to work for o2 when The Listening Company ran the call centres.

So I was cold called directly from o2 last month and offered a new phone and contract.I was interested,had about a year left on my existing...  I clearly asked 3 or 4 times about the 120 refresh bill on my account,but was told not to worry about it as it would be wavered and my old contract be cancelled and i would start the new contract on next bill date..  it wasnt true..alex(the cold caller)had set up a seperate and new contract,new account..  i found this out after maybe a week when i phoned up to ask what i should do with the new sim as i wanted to keep my original number..then it all became clear.

I insisted that the phone call should be listened back to,CustService agreed and told me they would get back in touch within a week to tell me the outcome of the investigation(nothing yet,its been weeks)..i was told that as a gesture of goodwill,i wouldnt be billed on my original account this month.i got billed..i now have a new contract account thats defaulted and when i actually do send the new phone back in,ill have no phone as my old one has been given away as a present..  i really am not impressed.  Im looking for some suggestions as what to do next..should I go to OFFCOM?Trading Standards? ive tried calling custservice but just end up explaining the same thing over again once i get through,ususally after about an hour on hold.. i never asked for this mess to happen and really dont want to be an o2 cust anymore...          sorry for moaning Zipped

thanks     Riddi

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the new contract cancelled,and cancelled the direct debit my end as advise..and have received a default letter today.. thanks for advice n replies..
Message 11 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You need to ask them to put that bill into dispute (until complaint is resolved), otherwise they will send the debt collectors round.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 25

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Oh, you need to try get this sorted out quickly, as a default will stay on your credit file for 6 years and will make getting anything else so much harder. Why did you cancel the direct debit? TBH you should have continued to pay while it was being disputed simply to keep your credit file protected. I hope you get it sorted out soon.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

i cancelled the DD as advised by o2 cust service. 

Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks..hope i get it sorted too..
Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i cancelled the DD as advised by o2 cust service. 

Very bad advice in my opinion and should also be mentioned in your complaint.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
MI5 is right, that's terrible advice. While this is being sorted, if I was you, I would contact the three credit reference agencies and add a notice of correction. This is a statement you can add to your file to explain the default O2 has added, it means that if you apply for a new item, your explanation should be considered. Also, you can ask the CRA to dispute the default directly with O2, they might even agree to remove it while the dispute is ongoing.
Message 17 of 25

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Was this definitely O2 that called you. Presumably if they have listened to the call it must be. Personally I would make the complaint but also email the office of the CEO  (Google is your friend ).

Message 18 of 25

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

(Google is your friend ).

Crazy

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

was defo o2 that phoned..i got them to find the phonecall..they were apparently going to get in touch with me after investigating it further and speaking to the agent who cold called me.. he works for the o2 sales team..but ,as yet they havent got back to me......

Message 20 of 25