cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing tarrif

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been loyal to One2One/T-Mobile for over 20 years, I have finally changed to O2 & now have a full signal everywhere ! Hurrah !

GigBites don't mean anything to me, so I had no idea what to sign-up for. So I did the 2GB option.

But, in a month - using my new phone a lot, I still had 1.98GB left !

On the O2 website, there is information about upgrading a tarrif, but I cannot find any details on how to downgrade from 2GB to 1GB. It will make a significant difference to my bill.

I was used to paying about £20 per month with T-Mobile, but it's now costing me £38 per month to be on 2GB with O2.  Now I'm a pensioner, any saving would be appreciated.  So what do I do?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you're on a Refresh tariff, you could pay off the phone cost and then cancel early.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah - I know - but I appreciate the help.
It does seem very cheeky of O2 to be all for folks upgrading & adding various bolt-ons, but there is no option for reducing the tarrif if it's not suitable.
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The moral of the story, for others, is to start low and work upwards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13