cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't use phone after keeping old number

Anonymous
Not applicable

last saturday i filled out the form to keep my old number, now i cant send or receive text messages and I can't receive calls, I can make them though. I got through to live help on this site but it was 30 minutes of run arounds, clean sim, go to settings etc. Then I called up today and got told my number was coming through as the old number and was given the same run around, restart phone, restart network etc. no real help.

I can't see anything else I can do other than make a complaint followed by some kind of report to trading standards.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call customer service on 202 instead of chat.
You may have a split port which needs escalation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call up

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call again mate. No one here can do anything only customer service can fix it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you filled in the right form. Keep my number & not swap my sim

Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous Did fix it? Don't know Please let us know! 

Thanks @Anonymous and @MI5 for the help! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6