cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billed for messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been billed £1.34 for messages - there is no breakdown of what they are. I'm on unlimited messages but in any case have only sent about 20 in that month.

Anyone explain the arcane billing? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Could be MMS messages which, I don't think, are included in your message allowance.  Alternatively they could be send AND recieved special messages (if you've entered any competitions by text etc).

You should be able to get a little more detail if you log into MyO2, or via the MyO2 app if you are on a smartphone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

Could be MMS messages which, I don't think, are included in your message allowance.  Alternatively they could be send AND recieved special messages (if you've entered any competitions by text etc).

You should be able to get a little more detail if you log into MyO2, or via the MyO2 app if you are on a smartphone.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As above, MMS messages or messages to premium rate numbers are not part of your allowance. The MMS aspect is another outstanding question I'm waiting for an answer on from O2.... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much to you both.  Your quick replies are much appreciated.

It turns out that I had idiotically texted abroad.  It could have been worse, I might have phoned the New York Speaking Clock.

Smiley Embarassed

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Indeed, there is always a "could be worse" angle.... Glad you're sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks very much to you both.  Your quick replies are much appreciated.

It turns out that I had idiotically texted abroad.  It could have been worse, I might have phoned the New York Speaking Clock.

Smiley Embarassed

Done the same myself:smileywink:

Message 6 of 6