cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill, bills and billing for payg pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I see the calls I have made on my payg?  How do I see my bill?

I can't believe the answer o2 have given me so am asking here.  I also cannot see a sensible correct or useful answer on this forum so am starting this thread. 

According to o2, payg customers cannot see their bill or the calls they make except that the only way to see that information is under the Data Ptotection Act by making a Subject Access Request. Incredible.  Just for the icing on the cake, o2 charge £10 for each request!

Ps Please stop censoring my posts.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

While O2 has no legal obligation to provide a look back function as a service, I agree with aldaweb.

As an O2 PAYG user, I would find a look back function very useful at times and it would be a real incentive for me to stay with O2.  I often look at my BT landline bill to see where I've spent most money and how I can change my calling habits to save money.  Gven that most PAYG customers are money conscious I think that it would be likely to be appreciated and used.

Once other providers are starting to provide it as a feature of their plans I think O2 needs to review its current business decision not to offer a look back function as part of the O2 PAYG packages.

Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a very basic aspect being missed in this thread in all the heated ranting. You have an absolute right to know that you are being charged correctly by a service provider - irrespective of billing method for any service you enter into without recourse to writing a letter. This should not be an add-on service or process. You do not have a monthly contract with your bank, if your balance hit zero unexpectedly you would check the transactions that brought about this state of affairs and either accept or take issue with the bank. There is absolutely no difference in principal with this and a PAYG service. Indeed, most PAYG services (Oyster cards, PAYG credit cards, numerous other mobile phone operators) provide this and the fact that this is contested as being an automatic provision in this thread is frankly baffling (although tone of some of the comments may not have helped for objective discourse).

I am suprised this is not a basic consumer right but I suspect O2 will follow its more enlightened rivals on this point before there is a need for OFCOM or legislation to be brought into play. 

Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous Are you having an issue with your payg service? This is an old thread.
Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old thread and old problem - but still no solution. As mentioned, some of your competitors offer this, I am personally stunned its not obligatory. 

The problem is the lack of any simple means of reconcilliation between what is charged and what is used (i.e. where did my 30 GBP topup go ?). If your bank told you that you had gone into overdraft but your would need to write a letter to them to find out the details as to why (because they were unable to show you the transactions) - I think we would all recognise this as unacceptable and move bank. Not sure there is an obvious difference here. Minimally customers need to check you have got their bill right and not deducted credit for calls that did not happen (for example). 

A number of mobile operators provide this information and although O2 is not alone in not doing so - does not make it any less of a problem. Hope this makes it clear.

Message 24 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I hope that one day this information will be available via My O2 but there again, O2 may well do a tariff charge review in order to absorb costs.

Message 25 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145126 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Many would agree but it's never been offered by o2. I guess if it's important one should move to EE as I believe they are the only ones that offer it on payg?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 26 of 28

James10062003
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son his using his credit up fast and I cant see why I checked his phone and text log and they are very low . He does not have mobile data activated on the phone ...so I cant see what using his credit so fast 

Message 27 of 28

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12157 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Check if he has subscribed to a premium text service @James10062003 

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

Also check if he is sending emoji's in text messages, which then get converted to MMS messages which you pay for.

Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 28 of 28