cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill, bills and billing for payg pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I see the calls I have made on my payg?  How do I see my bill?

I can't believe the answer o2 have given me so am asking here.  I also cannot see a sensible correct or useful answer on this forum so am starting this thread. 

According to o2, payg customers cannot see their bill or the calls they make except that the only way to see that information is under the Data Ptotection Act by making a Subject Access Request. Incredible.  Just for the icing on the cake, o2 charge £10 for each request!

Ps Please stop censoring my posts.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are being too simple.  If you bought a lot of items in a supermarket, how would you like it if the supermarket said that'll be £110.59 thankyou we'll automatically take iot off your card and if you want a breakdown just go through all the items after all you put them in your basket.  And then said by the way for £10 and a Subject Access Request we'll gibve you the breakdown?

IHav e I made that simple enough?

Do you lot get paid by 02 to write this stuff?

Message 11 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you lot get paid by 02 to write this stuff?

NO all customers like you

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the answers given to others were wrong.  Most said incorrectly login and click on view your bill.  Thats doesn't exists for payg.

'A few minutes of research' is wrong as well. If that was correct there wouldn't be so many questios on this subject.

PS i have reported your post as abusive lets see if yours gets censored.

The posts you refer to were made by Pay Monthly customers having problems viewing their accounts online and did not apply to you.

You are still making pointless and agressive posts which may well be censored by the moderators.

You are welcome to report my answers if you choose! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

"O2 are under no obligation to provide this ability for PAYG customers."

Actually this is incorrect.  They are under a legal obligation which is presumably why they do 'offer' it.  The obligation is the Data Protection Act.  I note that o2 charge the maximum fee permissible under this act, £10 for each subject access request.

Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats not even a comparison! Supermarket customers work in the same way as contract phone customers.

We purchase products (in this case calls, sms, mms and data) and are then billed for them. We then pay that bill once a month.

What supermarket do you know that you pay a minimal amount in advance every month which then lets you go in and take products at your leisure up to a certain allowance until they ask you to top up that allowance the next month? This is what PAYG is.

O2 ARE NOT taking random amounts off yoru card, they have taken an amount off the credit balance you had on your PAYG account. If you want to find out why, call O2 Customer Services. How much more simple do you want us to make this for you?

I'd suggest you change your attitude rather than having the "I'M NOT GETTING THE ANSWER I WANT THEREFORE YOU ARE ALL WRONG" mentality. 

Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"O2 are under no obligation to provide this ability for PAYG customers."

Actually this is incorrect.  They are under a legal obligation which is presumably why they do 'offer' it.  The obligation is the Data Protection Act.  I note that o2 charge the maximum fee permissible under this act, £10 for each subject access request.

No, they are under no obligation, legal or otherwise, to provide the ABILITY to see what calls, etc you have made under PAYG.

However they do legally have to PROVIDE you with this information if you make a request under the data protection act which they are quite entitled to charge the full £10 access fee which will be alot less than it will cost them to give you this information.

I have never head of ANY company providing information as part of the Data Protection acto for less than that £10 fee.

I give up...There's only so much explaining you can do to people who refuse to listen...

Message 16 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your lack of understanding is quite amazing, O2 do not provide bills for P & G.

You can apply to have some information provided under a Subject Access Request, this is not a bill for an O2 Pay and Go account.

As you're not listening to all the helpful and accurate answers you have had here I will leave you to your aberrations.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You are being argumentative and unconstructive just for the sake of it. You were given all the correct answers last night in your rants. As stated, the posts you were saying were wrong were correct as they were pay monthly queries and not applicable to your situation.

Simple answer, pay the £10 or keep a track of your own usage in the calls/texts log.

Message 18 of 28

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Though the OP is being beligerent and rude I can actually see his point of frustration as at least one other mobile provider gives online access to recent PAYG usage information broken down into calls and data usage. I've just checked  and this is still currently offered. (I won't mention here or the post will possibly be deleted)

As it's PAYG there's no problem switching, no contract to expire.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 20 of 28