Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approx time remaining

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello readers,

I have a pay & go internet dongle.

When I connect I get a screen which gives some information like data remaining.

Also there is a time (approx. time remaining) can somebody explain what this is as HELP is of no help, neither was the O2 shop.

At present the time remaining is 99:59 which it has been since I bought this dongle a week ago.

Occasionally it gives a different time such as 7:50, 3:25. On one occasion it gave three different times within a few seconds then reverted to 99:59.

I have a 2G, 30 day, 2GB card.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Found it slight_smile
It displays the approx amount of time remaining that your data allowance will last based on current usage.
When you are not using data it will display 99:59 and if you look at it whilst data is been used it will show how long until you run out based on the amount that is been used at that time.
Ignore the dongle type on the link as it is irrelevant - the software is O2's Data Manager software and applies to all dongles if you use O2 connection manager http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/kana/o2_huawei_e8278_mobile_broadband_manager_guide.pdf
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I don't have time on my dongle, just remaining data and number of days until expiry.
Which dongle have you got?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I don't have time on my dongle, just remaining data and number of days until expiry.
Which dongle have you got?

And my Three dongle which you recommended displayed the same as yours  ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

If @Anonymous can give us the make and model of his dongle I'll look it up for him......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The dongle is a ZTE model MF710

Many thanks

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Found it slight_smile
It displays the approx amount of time remaining that your data allowance will last based on current usage.
When you are not using data it will display 99:59 and if you look at it whilst data is been used it will show how long until you run out based on the amount that is been used at that time.
Ignore the dongle type on the link as it is irrelevant - the software is O2's Data Manager software and applies to all dongles if you use O2 connection manager http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/kana/o2_huawei_e8278_mobile_broadband_manager_guide.pdf

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5,

Many thanks for that information and the link which answered another question.

Pity O2 help? cannot help it's customers.

I tried many words and combinations and found nothing to do with 'time remaining' or my other query 'how to read messages'.

Also unable to find the manual for my ZTE MF710. The O2 link never worked.

Your message has answered both for me.

O2 is beginning to be a let down to me.

Tom Parrot.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Happy to help mate...

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8