cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Number Transfer Taking Forever Post. YANTTFP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if you like, Requesting Another Number Transfer Incredibly Not Good. - RANTING...

It took a week of botched contracts, and failed messages to get the new phone delivered.

Now into four days and counting, and still no number transfer happening. This is after two attempts. One via the direct SMS method. Looks good, but didn't happen yet.

The second on Monday via the web page interfce. Looks good, but still ... nothing happening..

and yes I know this community can do nothing, but that's ok, because neither can O2 it seems.

I guess I'll just have to continue looking important, or like a drug pusher, and carry around two mobile phones ... until someone decides they should do a bit of work. I mean, in this day and age, and O2 Techs doesn't work weekends???? Do they think they are NHS doctors of something?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Anyway, this discussion about  policies & practices relating to O2 advisors instore... has taken the OP way off topic...so I will leave it there.....:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 63

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Anyway, this discussion about  policies & practices relating to O2 advisors instore... has taken the OP way off topic...so I will leave it there.....:smileyhappy:

Quite agree. Instore policy varies from store to store and staff member to weekend staff to students.

Message 42 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 days and counting ...

Message 43 of 63

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Could you point me to the post on here that explains exactly what you are trying to do please - there is so much irrelevant info on here I can't see the wood for the trees......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Could you point me to the post on here that explains exactly what you are trying to do please - there is so much irrelevant info on here I can't see the wood for the trees......

Yep, easy - Post #1 Right back at the start... 🙂

Message 45 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The opening post and then this one @MI5 http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Yet-Another-Number-Transfer-Taking-Forever-Post-...

Hope this has cleared the wood...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 63

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Post 1 tells me nothing, tbh.
The link above suggests a simple sim swap is required http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
There shouldn't be anything difficult or confusing at all so I'm a little perplexed why this thread is 5 pages long.... Unless I'm missing something?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 47 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
...... a simple sim swap is required http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
There shouldn't be anything difficult or confusing at all so I'm a little perplexed why this thread is 5 pages long.... Unless I'm missing something?

Yes, you would think so wouldn't you. Still, it's been nearly 5 days now, and still no swap. Crazy

as for the 5 pages, well everyone likes to express thier opinion in a community... Mexican Wave

and the smilies - are fun.

Message 48 of 63

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There has to be a reason for it not working - It usually happens very quickly.
What is unique about your issue or out of the ordinary ?

Currently using:
Message 49 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
There has to be a reason for it not working - It usually happens very quickly.
What is unique about your issue or out of the ordinary ?

Nothing unique that I know of. Both Phones are on the O2 network, both O2 numbers, one PAYG and one Monhly Contract.

Message 50 of 63