cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Number Transfer Taking Forever Post. YANTTFP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if you like, Requesting Another Number Transfer Incredibly Not Good. - RANTING...

It took a week of botched contracts, and failed messages to get the new phone delivered.

Now into four days and counting, and still no number transfer happening. This is after two attempts. One via the direct SMS method. Looks good, but didn't happen yet.

The second on Monday via the web page interfce. Looks good, but still ... nothing happening..

and yes I know this community can do nothing, but that's ok, because neither can O2 it seems.

I guess I'll just have to continue looking important, or like a drug pusher, and carry around two mobile phones ... until someone decides they should do a bit of work. I mean, in this day and age, and O2 Techs doesn't work weekends???? Do they think they are NHS doctors of something?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
OK, easy then - keep my number form slight_smile
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
Success. Ya, DrumFantasticThanks!
This is the form that worked - Finally. I'll tell you why.
This form has number checking on it. I typed in the Old sim number, which starts with something like 84091, and then typed in the second SIM number in the new sim number space, and up pops an error saying, SIM numbers must start with 84991 - which was not on the sim card bar code. Oh, the BAR code was right, but the numbers printed under it started after the 84991
So I thought, OK, and typed in the 'recommended' prefix number, then the number from the sime card, and presto bumpo, the form was accepted, and an email popped up, and this morning - there's the old number on the new phone.
Thanks for point me at the RIGHT web link. The one that has error checking.

Message 61 of 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Happy to help slight_smile

But you appear to have marked some one else's as the solution?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Glad it worked @Anonymous. That's the form my husband used last Saturday. His number (from payg to pay monthly) was swapped over in 10 minutes:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 63