cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week, I wanted to buy a SIM for my daughter's android tab to celebrate her retun to the UK. I ask the woman in the shop and she offers me a range of cards. I choose 25 quid's worth, pay and leave. Later, I note that it is for an iPad and return to the store with receipt hoping for an exchange. I'm told that exchanges and refunds are not possible.

Does this mean that O2 are so poor they need to grasp every single pound at all costs? Are they going bankrupt and need a donation?

Does O2 lack the technology to carry out exchanges? Do they need some money so they can invest in 21st century tech?

Can't O2 afford decent customer service any more?

How likely am I to use O2 ever again after this experience? More or less?

How likely am I going to bore people criticising O2 for this?

Are O2 shop windows insured for more money than I wasted?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll look at the resolve (of WTF it is called) thing and try again - so long as I first get the office address of the CEO so that if I fail to get satisfaction, I can make a personal appeal face-to-face, nicely-like, and one-to-one. 

A complaint was made at the beginning of the problem at the source of the problem - the shop where I made the purchase.  If I'd gone to Virgin Media or Starbucks or Victoria's Secret the wide eyed incredulity at my question would have been the same: not our problem mate, job on and let me get back to my mobile.

So, if I have to sit up and beg o2 like a dog to get satisfaction, we have to up the stakes if I don't get it. 

Actually, I think my DIY method is better than o2's convoluted one because it's a solution for everyone who gets ripped off by o2 not just me.  

And who cares, if it goes to a criminal court - magistrates and the public need to hear about o2's practices in the most devastating and public way possible. 

Message 21 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
Tell me again why you are refusing to call cs and ask them to change the data tariff so it will work?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. I was treated with indifference in the shop when I returned with the SIM so I have little faith in o2 overall.

2. If I lived in the UK, I might have contacted o2 again but my lack of faith in o2 means I feel an international phone call will be a waste of more time and more money. I have seen little about o2 behaviour to alter that point of view.

3. The issue is not so high on my immediate priorities. I don't need to use a SIM until I return to the UK next, whenever that is.  My daughter was spending Xmas with my mother, who has Alzheimer's, after I left the country and needed the SIM from me before the shops closed for Xmas to have much needed internet. In the end she had to sort it out herself.

4. When I return to the UK, I will have a lot of important things to do - not going back for pleasure IYSWIM - so I don't have a fat lot of time to waste with a bunch of divs. Rather than risk a century on hold listening to rubbish music and ads and rather than wasting my time trying to communicate with a badly paid teen who can't be bothered, I can just wonder into the shop and make the exchange myself in under 10 seconds. 

It's clear to me: o2 customer service (slow, unpleasant, already tried and found wanting) vs DIY customer service (quick, fun, high probability of success)

Besides, it's no longer about me and my experience but about showing victims of o2 that there are remedies and we don't have to put up with their rubbish like passive sheep. 

Maybe, I can take one of their new phones and if they want it back, they can go through my own, equally, obstructive and absurd procedure.

The more people make excuses for o2, the more I am encouraged so keep on, keeping on!

All that advertising and sponsorship has to be paid out from somewhere - by ripping off customers it seems.

Message 23 of 23