cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra 10gb data....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know when you should receive your extra 10gb of data that comes with certain contracts? i have taken out a contract for an iphone x and i was told i would receive the data after my bill on 16th/01/2018 and i have just asked live chat and now they say it will be received after my bill on 16/02/2018

i received my phone on 24/11/2017......

any help or advice will be greatly appreciated slight_smile

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The extra allowance should show as a bolt on in your myo2 & should start being used once or your inclusive allowance has been used up. I wouldn’t trust what love chat has said. If you are worried then call customer service on 202 from your o2 phone 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks for shedding some light on this fo rme slight_smile i dont see any new bolt ons in my account so ill wait to see if it shows up next month.

o2 dont seem to be clear with things which can be frustrating.

between the extra 10gb and the whole payment you should receive to your account for the days you waited to receive your phone its all not explained and is left to make people guess

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it didn’t get actioned on the account but do follow it up with customer service & I hope it goes well for you 

Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousHave a read of this thread. it will explain all https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

You will usually get a message when your original amount of data is nearing its end...then the discounted data  will start. It will be shown as a bolt on in my O2 when the system is updated https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, thank you for the links/ help you give it means a lot slight_smile
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
ok, thank you for the links/ help you give it means a lot slight_smile

No problem, It just makes it easier to understand. A lot of people have asked the same question with these promotional tariffs... (I admit it sounds weird that a discount is shown as a bolt on...) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had that last year myself an extra 250mb on top of my old 1GB tariff for 12 months & it showed as a bolt on

Message 8 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Was this the goodwill data addition for having to wait for delivery of Phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

for me, the 10gb data was for joining the 24 month contract on a 30gb tariff, as fo rthe gesture for waiting for phone delivery, i was today informed my 3 week waits worth of credit will be applied to my account for my next bill in February

Message 10 of 16