Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow is anybody reading the t&c they agree to

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I urge all posters to check what the sign up for and understand the facts.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. Just a quick p.s. before I throw my toys out of the pram and never darken the forum again. The edited version of my above post makes it seem like I was being offensive/mean spirited to the person I was replying to - this was never the case and was merely a bit of comedic word play. Apologies if I have genuinely offended anyone, so now I will voluntarily leave the forum. Again, apologies to anyone that is offended.

Message 21 of 27

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

I doubt that anyone was offended. The moderators are only doing their job, which is to keep the language within the confines of decency. As long as you abide by that rule, there's no need for you to leave the forum. You're entitled to your opinion, and you shouldn't quit the forum if you feel you have something valid to add.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's no need to leave stay all input is good input
Message 23 of 27

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Just to be clear,

a_hcir was not offending anyone, I simply acted as per the guidelines slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_hcir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If the store has to tell you that the price of your contract might go up, they'd also have to tell you that if you get cut off for not paying your bills theres a fee to get reconnected.  They'd also have to tell you that you can't quit your contract if there is ever service outages.  They'd also have to tell you that...etc etc to infinity.  In otherwords, they'd have to read out to you the entire Ts and Cs prior to you signing the contract. 

That is unfeasable and unworkable.  

I'm sorry, but you're talking a load of (edited)  .

Getting cut off for non payment is something highly unlikely to happen to an individual who attempts to keep their end of the bargain.  Price rises are, apparently, guaranteed to happen but not talked about.  Whatever you people in the o2 reality distortion field believe, these contracts are misrepresented by o2 and their resellers as a "fixed price, fixed term" deal even if that terminology is not used.   When taking out my own contract, for example, the seller used the term "effective monthly payment" to take into account cashback, and there was no information stating that the monthly payment would ever rise during the 24 month period, only something to note that this cost does not take into account any out of limit usage.

It's highly irresponsible that o2 do not inform about this at the point of sale, and I'd go as far as saying it's wilful negligence because they know people won't sign up if they knew.  Could you imagine if the gas board tried to pull the same trick, getting you to sign up at an agreed rate for two years and then tried to up the cost anyhow? They'd be taken to the cleaners.  

Gas companies regularly up thier prices and if you're not on a capped plan then you're fair game, so a bad example to back up your argument with.

Like I've said a million times, I'm not defending o2 over raising the prices (if you check all my posts not once have I said I agree with the price increasing) BUT customers have to accept that they should always read the Ts and Cs and know what they are getting into and that being ignorant of the Ts and Cs doesn't excuse your liability in having to pay any increases that are set out in them.

Ps..I've only seen the edited reply, not the original.

Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
We all agree it's within the terms and conditions I think what needs highlighting is how immoral O2 are being over not agreeing to ofcoms guidelines like the other networks have
Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having seen the original post I have to say I disagree with some comments on here.

YES it is the responsibility of o2 sales or 3rd party resellers to make KEY FACTS clear such as potential for a price rise when you don't know what it will actually be.

There was reference in one post that it is up to the buyer to check and if not happy to refuse? ??? Well that is a load of tosh. Let's try the scenario add follows:

Phone o2 sales to purchase a contract phone.

O2 sales advise of the potential for price increases during the fixed term.

Buyer says not happy with the potential for an undefined increase (rpi could be anything in a year and two years time).

WILL THE O2 SALES AGENT SAY "it's ok, we want your business so will take that bit out? "

No. Of course not. So you don't have a choice if you want to be an o2 customer. You accept or you go without.

I certainly don't agree with the price increase mid fixed term. There is no doubt about that. But contacts were agreed at point of sale and buyers would be referred to the t&c's so it is time to accept it until contracts are up for renewal.

THEN YOU HAVE A CHOICE
Message 27 of 27