cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't allow me to set up Auto Top-up - Cust Services referred to Tech Support but never called back

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspended Auto Top-up a couple of months ago because my data plan was out of control and I wanted to work out why. I resolved that and tried to re-enable Auto Top-up, but I get a web page entitled Customer Suspended with a message Sorry you can't access Auto Top-up at the moment.

I used Live Chat and got nowhere - they said they would refer it to tech support, but I never heard from them again. That was four weeks ago.

Someone on the forum suggested it might not be possible to change Auto Top-up twice in a month. I waited for some more time to elapse, but it still isn't working, and I still get the same message.

Anyone any idea how I might fix this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123456 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I honestly think you need to contact Customer Services and speak to an advisor. You have tried Live Chat and they haven't been of any help.... so ring and speak to someone. It's the only way you will get Auto Topup reset...

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
I agree. It sounds like cs need to reset something on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got through to chat whilst you were replying and they have referred it slight_smile

3-5 working days. I will give them a chance and call CS next week. Thanks for the advice.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145160 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Let us know how it goes please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123456 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Not being funny but didn't you say Live Chat referred it before and 4 weeks later you heard nothing and it wasn't fixed?.....Honestly I would ring CS tomorrow. It should not take 3-5 days. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call cs, I wouldn't trust live chat, if they didn't fix it the first time then there is 0 chance they'll do it now
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will only tell you to sort yourself on the web site which the other poster clearly couldnt do.

We are going through a similar thing with my wifes payg.  Previously she had a auto top up set, then when she upgraded her package to £10/ month we thought we had cancelled the auto top up and had a text from O2 saying we had but they still used it aswell as the £10/m.   Telephone (lackof) Support just kept telling us that wouldnt happen so we have cancelled ALL payments to O2 for a few months on that acct until they have used up our cash which they have taken.

Message 9 of 9