cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will O2 ever get decent coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will O2 ever spend money on there network? I live in Wales and its only EE that provide 3G coverage. At the moment I am on Vodafone but 3G is non existent. I had a O2 PAYG sim card a 2 years ago. But the coverage was a waste of time. O2 disconnected it after a period of time as I think it was a embarrassment to them. Has this improved in the last 2 years?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is any network problem free(i don't think so)

Message 21 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is any network problem free(i don't think so)

In a word, NO! The problem is that the last 2 outages were so close together that O2's reputation has taken a bashing and they need to rebuild the confidence in their network. Thankfully I was unaffected by recent issues but I'm prudent enough to have other alternatives if I had been.

Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was affected by the July one but not the most recent

Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they are still keeping Ericsson, not showing them the door as one poster said recently. I've been affected by both of them.
Message 24 of 27

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Myself being said poster. All information I can find has shown Ericsson are being replaced for O2 older equipment. It's said they're looking for an alternative.

As to how long it will take is anyone's guess.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh right, I thought they were getting ditched for good (completely). They should go with Google servers or something, YouTube is amazing xD
Message 26 of 27

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Slightly different kind of databases. But I'm sure google have a variant out there somewhere haha.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 27 of 27