Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund

Denzil72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Sirs, In September 2023, I changed my mobile Pay as you Go account to EE from O2 after many many years, mainly due to better coverage via EE where I now live.  O2 were very quick to block/lock my phone which was £17.O6 in credit.  I could not contact O2 from my mobile (REMOVED) or enter a code when your advisers asked me to. My wife has tried speaking to your advisers on many occasions, spending long periods waiting at the last try after someone saying to hold on and they would not be long, we waited online for over an hour and a half. On other occasions there have been screaming/shouting women to be heard on your help phone and people who did ry to help but they had very strong accents and could hot be understood. Evetually the line goes dead and we start all over again On one occasion when my wife was waiting on the line a voice came on and said"This call is now being disconnected".  During the many years I have been an O2 customer I have always thought what a good company you were and have recommended you to many people over the years, but it seems that is no longer the case. Your customer service has been diabolical and I want the £17.06 returned immediately.  I have been told by your customer service  people that it will be transferred to my bank account/card and also that it will be sent by cheque .....but nothing ever happens.  If I go online with my number (which is still the same) as when I was an O2 customer  (REMOVED) your page with my name appears including my O2 password but that just gets a no details reply.  SO please send my £17.06 to me Mr D J Found, at my current address, (REMOVED) my previous address was (REMOVED).  I look forward to a satisfactory and prompt outcome.  My old O2 Sim Card number (REMOVED)

Yours faithfully, Dennis John Found

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12321 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Hi @Denzil72 

This is a community of o2 customers, which is open to the world.

By posting all of your details above you have thrown open the door to scammers and fraudsters. It is too late now to edit your post, so I have flagged it so the community moderators can edit it for you.

o2 only offer a refund on PAYG credit in certain circumstances - either transferring to pay monthly or if you move your number to another network with a PAC or STAC.

This was confirmed in this post from the community manager Dave.

We as community members have seen a decline in customer service recently, only accelerated with the switch of customers from Virgin Mobile and the merging with Virgin Media.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12321 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Hi @Denzil72 

This is a community of o2 customers, which is open to the world.

By posting all of your details above you have thrown open the door to scammers and fraudsters. It is too late now to edit your post, so I have flagged it so the community moderators can edit it for you.

o2 only offer a refund on PAYG credit in certain circumstances - either transferring to pay monthly or if you move your number to another network with a PAC or STAC.

This was confirmed in this post from the community manager Dave.

We as community members have seen a decline in customer service recently, only accelerated with the switch of customers from Virgin Mobile and the merging with Virgin Media.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2