cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and 4G Calling on Samsung Galaxy S10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. It was an unlocked purchase, not from O2. I cannot get Wifi and 4G Calling setup. This is aggravating as it is the specific reason I switched having complained to my previous supplier. My 3g signal in my home is truly diabolical despite what O2 say on the coverage checker. I have checked the O2 list which does give the S10 as a compatible device. When I couldn't get it to work, I dug further and found the need to check CSC by dialling *#1234#. My CSC does not contain the TEF, O2U or OTF as required. It is G973FOXMBFUE6

Is there any fix to this? I used to flash firmware on my old Nokias so would be able to install the firmware required. 

I really do need Wifi Calling. Can anyone help? Or would like to swap slight_smile

Many thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Andy7856 Sorry to hear that. Under Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks, VoLTE calls are enabled (not greyed out) and on both Network Mode settings (I have 2 SIMS both O2) they say LTE/3G/2G (auto connect). So it looks like that update fixed mine. I hope you get a solution soon.

Message 31 of 33

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@IslandBoy Hi looks like I have manage to cure it, and confirm OXM software does allow VOLE/Wifi-calling on O2.  Not sure what was the issue, but I am sure it was more then handset than O2 to be honest. (my work O2 SIM suffered same problem when did SIM swap as a test)  

When I reset the phone I appeared to get some config settings sent, - perhaps they were more uptodate, last time I reset I simply backed the phone up then restored it all exactly the same.   Its a mystery....

Message 32 of 33

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spoke to soon.  I give up.

Message 33 of 33