cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and 4G Calling on Samsung Galaxy S10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. It was an unlocked purchase, not from O2. I cannot get Wifi and 4G Calling setup. This is aggravating as it is the specific reason I switched having complained to my previous supplier. My 3g signal in my home is truly diabolical despite what O2 say on the coverage checker. I have checked the O2 list which does give the S10 as a compatible device. When I couldn't get it to work, I dug further and found the need to check CSC by dialling *#1234#. My CSC does not contain the TEF, O2U or OTF as required. It is G973FOXMBFUE6

Is there any fix to this? I used to flash firmware on my old Nokias so would be able to install the firmware required. 

I really do need Wifi Calling. Can anyone help? Or would like to swap slight_smile

Many thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 result of *#1234#

AP: G973FXXSBFUF3

CP: G973FXXSBFUE6

CSC: G973FOXMBFUE6

Model: SM-G973F/DS

One UI 3.1 Android 11 patched to 1 Jul 21

Incidentally, if forced to go that route, does O2 firmware support Dual SIM?

Message 21 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

No idea about dual sim ability on O2 firmware as I've never had a phone running O2 firmware since my S2 @IslandBoy 

However, if it's dual sim now, I can't image it would change that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 33

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 I have done some more digging on O2 and sammobile.

1. O2 did indeed sell the Dual-SIM Galaxy S10. So it "should" work.

2. On sammobile, searching for O2 firmware does find PDA G973FXXSBFUE6 but NOT CSC G973FOXMBFUE6. Only G973FOTFBFUE6

3. Searching for my CSC brings up non-O2 Model codes of XEO and BTU

I don't have enough technical knowledge to know if this is a material enough difference to bork the Wi-Fi / 4G calling. But I am suspicious because we know that at least one Samsung (J3) needs O2 firmware. After 4 decades wresting with Windows, PCs, PDAs and phones, I have little warning bells ringing.

I'll let you know if O2 tech support ever get in contact as they promise.

Message 23 of 33

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I'm confident that it's an O2 setup / system issue so fingers crossed they can find and fix it for you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 33

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @IslandBoy I will send you a PM with regards to your username

Thanks for the tag @MI5 smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 33

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@IslandBoy   I have similar issue, same phone, same firmware etc.   I had a call back from O2 1st line network response today who captured all my details to pass on my details to one of their network engineers.   If you have not done it already then raise a complaint and ask for a incident reference number.  That what it will force it to their attention.    The intial chap I spoke to thinks its down to Samsung but the network engineers are going to look to re-provison my line once I attempt to add the bolt on again today. (and do a time line of my steps).  

Message 26 of 33

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Andy7856 got it, thanks. I had planned to call them this evening (more than 24h since they promised their tech would call me). But still haven't caught up from a flat-out work day. On the list for tomorrow! Interesting to hear you have the same issue / firmware / phone. Not sure I believe them blaming Samsung. Who has sold the most Galaxy S10s slight_smile

Message 27 of 33

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Andy7856 @MI5 Noticed new updates notification on my S10 today (15 Jul 21) so hit update as usual. After updates, did a restart just in case. Lo and behold, the settings for both Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE appeared as if by magic! Hope this works for you Andy.

Oh and before you ask, no, the twice-promised tech call never happened.

Cheers.

Message 28 of 33

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Pleased to hear it @IslandBoy 

Seems there was an issue with the previous update which this later one has fixed slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 29 of 33

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@IslandBoy 

Hi thanks, no I have tried software updates, restarts, O2 have attemped to provision the SIM and start it again - think I must have a duff handset or some software error that is stuck in no mans land between O2 and Samsung.  I suspect I will just have to live without wifi call/VOLTE functions not a biggy just more annoying.   Is the VOLTE still working or has the option greyed out?

Message 30 of 33